poetry contest about migraine headaches seeks entries

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2011
      Entry form for this contest is at
      http://www.helpforheadaches.com/Poetry2011/Migraine-Poetry-Contest-Submission-2011.htm

      Whether you've never written a word in your life or write every day, we
      invite you to enter our Putting Our Heads Together Poetry Contest, 2011.

      Subject must be headache or Migraine related, but may be metaphoric or
      abstract.
      Form: Rhymed, free-verse, any form of poetry, but not prose.
      Poetry must be original and written by you. Submission of poetry
      written by someone else will result in disqualification.
      All poems must be unpublished work, never before published anywhere.
      Length: Maximum of 60 lines, no more than 80 characters per line
      (including spaces and punctuation). Please make special note of the 80
      characters per line. This means LINES, not paragraphs.
      Number of entries: Please limit entries to no more than three poems per
      person.
      Age: Poems written by persons under 18 years of age must be submitted
      by a parent or legal guardian.
      "Family-friendly" language required. No profanity or other potentially
      offensive language.
      Deadline: Midnight, Tuesday, March 15, 2011. Submissions received after
      this date will be deleted.
      Decisions of the judges are final.
      You do not need to live in the U.S. to enter, but all poems must be
      written in English.
      Entries must be presented complete with spacing, punctuation, and
      correct spelling. Do not enter in all caps. We cannot retype entries.
      We reserve the right to disqualify, without notification, any entry not
      complying with these rules.
      All poems that meet the contest rules will be published on
      HelpForHeadaches.com. Writer retains their copyright and is, of course,
      free to republish the poem elsewhere after the contest.

      Due to legal regulations, we could only offer prizes if the contest
      were limited to entries from the United States. Therefore, there are no
      material prizes. We all win by sharing with each other, supporting each
      other, and raising public awareness.

      To submit your poetry, go to the 2011 submission form.
      Winners will be announced and the poetry published
      on our site by Tuesday, April 12, 2011,
      in observance of National Poetry Month.