poetry contest: Yemassee

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2011
      Yemasse is proud to announce the
      2011 Pocataligo Poetry Contest
      Grand Prize Poem receives $500
      Two runners up receive $100 each
      Ten additional finalists will be named
      All entries considered for publication in Yemassee
      Submissions should include 3-5 unpublished poems, a $10 reading fee,
      and a cover letter including name, contact information (including a
      working email address), and the title of each piece. Your name must not
      appear on any page of the manuscript. No manuscripts will be returned.

      Submit online via submishmash. We still accept mailed submissions, if
      you prefer. Address mailed submissions to:

      2011 Pocataligo Poetry Contest
      Yemassee
      Department of English
      University of South Carolina
      Columbia, SC 29208

      $10 check to be made payable to Educational Foundation/English Literary
      Magazine Fund

      We do not consider published works or works that have been accepted for
      publication elsewhere. We do allow simultaneous submissions, but please
      notify us if the entry is accepted elsewhere. No refunds will be issued
      for withdrawals. We do accept multiple submissions, but a separate $10
      reading fee must accompany each entry.

      Deadline: March 31, 2011

      Guest Judge: Ray McManus

      http://yemasseejournalonline.org/poetry_contest.html
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2011
        Yemassee has extended the 2011 Pocataligo Poetry Contest

[...]

        Deadline: was March 31, 2011, now is April 15th, 2011

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2012
          2012 Annual Pocataligo Poetry Contest
          Submissions Guidelines at
          http://yemasseejournalonline.org/contests/poetry-contest/

          We're still accepting submissions to our 2012 Pocataligo Poetry Contest, now through March 31. It's a small contest with a $500 prize, judged this year by Kate Daniels. Winner and two runners-up receive publication in issue 19.2. Entry fee is $10, which pays our processing fees, our winner, and buys you a copy of the prize issue. INSIDER INFO: We've only got around 30 entries so far, which gives you pretty good odds at that prize!

          http://yemasseejournalonline.org/contests/poetry-contest/
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2012
            Pocataligo Poetry Contest
            http://yemasseejournalonline.org/contests/poetry-contest/
            Submission Link:
            http://yemassee.submishmash.com/submit

            Annual Pocataligo (poʊ-kʌ-tæ-lɪ-goʊ) Poetry Prize
            $500 and publication
            Two runners-up will receive publication.
            Ten additional finalists will be listed in issue and on website.
            All entries will be considered for publication.
            Guest Judge: Kate Daniels
            Kate Daniels has published four volumes of poetry—The White Wave, the Niobe Poems, Four Testimonies, and, most recently, A Walk in Victoria's Secret. Among her honors are a fellowship from the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, the James Dickey Prize for Poetry, the Louisiana Literature Prize for Poetry, and the 2011 Hanes Award for Poetry from the Fellowship of Southern Writers. Her poems, which have been anthologized in a number of publications, have appeared in journals such as American Poetry Review, Critical Quarterly, and the Southern Review. She teaches in the MFA program at Vanderbilt University
            Prizes: The author of the winning poem will receive $500 and publication in Yemassee. Two runners-up will also receive publication, and a list of ten finalists will be named on our website as well as in the issue.

            To enter: Visit our online submissions manager at www.yemassee.submishmash.com

            Submit as a single document 3-5 unpublished poems of any line length. An entry fee of $10 (secure online payment) must accompany each entry, and all entrants who provide a mailing address will receive a copy of the issue in which the contest winners appear. We welcome multiple submissions. Each submission requires a separate entry fee.

            Formatting: All poems should be submitted in a single document, with no more than one poem per page. The poet's name should not appear anywhere within the entry. Entries must be submitted through submishmash.

            Deadline: All entries must be submitted by the March 31st deadline. Winners will be announced on our website, and all entries will be considered for publication.
            The Pocataligo Poetry Contest is held every Spring, with an annual deadline in March.
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
              Annual Pocataligo Poetry Contest 2013, now accepting entries through March 31st.
              https://yemassee.submittable.com/submit

              The winning poem receives $500 and publication and two-runners up receive publication. Full guidelines are available at

              http://www.yemasseejournalonline.org/contests/poetry-contest

              Guest Judge: Samuel Amadon (www.samuelamadon.com)

              Prizes: The author of the winning poem will receive $500 and publication in Yemassee. Two runners-up will also receive publication, and a list of ten finalists will be named on our website as well as in the issue.

              To enter: Visit our online submissions manager at www.yemassee.submishmash.com. Submit as a single document 3-5 unpublished poems of any line length. An entry fee of $10 (secure online payment) must accompany each entry. We welcome multiple submissions. Each submission requires a separate entry fee.

              Formatting: All poems should be submitted in a single document, with no more than one poem per page. The poet's name should not appear anywhere within the entry. Entries must be submitted through Submittable.