poetry contest & call for submissions: Straylight

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2011
      Straylight Poetry Contest / Call for Submissions

      Calling all poets! Straylight Literary Magazine is proud to present our very first poetry contest. We believe this is a good way to bring out the best in creativity. That said, we limit all submissions to three poems per person. There isn't a page limit, but "epic" poems will not be considered for the contest (though they may be considered for our website). In addition, there aren't any subject or style limitations; it's all up to you, dear writer.

      Please submit a cover letter with bio and contact information, but DO NOT include name or contact information on the poems. This anonymity will make it easier for our editors to judge poems fairly.

      There is a $10 reading fee for your submission. Credit cards are accepted through our online Paypal submission form (http://www.straylightmag.com)

      Deadline: March 18, 2011

      Prizes:
      1st: $125, print publication, 1-year subscription, 3 copies
      2nd: $50, print publication, 1-year subscription, 3 copies
      3rd: $25, print publication, 1-year subscription, 3 copies

      Other contest submissions may further be considered for our print edition or online.

      Email your submissions to
      <straylight(at)litspot.net> (replace (at) with (@ in sending e-mail)
      (Attn: Poetry Contest), or send to:

      Straylight Magazine c/o Poetry Editor
      English Department
      University of Wisconsin-Parkside
      900 Wood Road
      Kenosha, WI 53141

      All snail mail submissions must include a check, as well as an email address and/or phone number.

      In addition, we are always looking for regular poetry submissions. You do not have to send money to be considered for publishing; the fee is solely for those who wish to enter the contest.

      Best of luck to all, and look for our fiction contest in the Fall.

      Straylight Poetry Staff