pagan literary magazine seeks submissions

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2011
      Dead, Mad, or a Poet: A Journal to Faerie
      http://www.deadmadorpoet.com/

      General editorial policy: Our focus is on fiction, poetry and art by a
      certain subset of modern Pagans, but we will happily accept work from
      other folks, Pagan or no, if it suits our sensibilities and aesthetic.
      We do not publish oathbound material, nor do we support the
      proliferation of fake “traditional” material which actually has a known
      or knowable source. We may publish liturgical poetry presented to us by
      the original author, but we do not publish spells or rituals unless
      they have independent literary merit.
      We print previously unpublished work, except by arrangement. Previous
      publication includes the Internet, so if you have posted your work in
      your personal blog or other fora, please remove it before you submit it
      to us.
      Poetry: Image-rich, sensuous, and strange. It should sound like the
      fairies would like it. Send 3-5 poems per submission.
      Fiction: Fiction by or about Pagans, re-tellings of myth or fairy
      tales, original work in a mythic or fairy tale style, or anything that
      wouldn’t look out of place with them at a party.
      Art: Digital formats, please. More specific information forthcoming.
      Non-fiction: Craft (as in writing) essays, Craft (as in witch)
      essays, folklore, mythology, history relevant to our other interests,
      or any combination of the above. We welcome solid scholarly work with
      cries of glee, but personal musings are also perfectly acceptable.
      Poetry may be any length; fiction should be less than 10,000 words.
      Microfictions are delightful. Send as an attachment (.doc, .rtf, or
      .odt file) to an e-mail with the genre, your name, and the title(s) of
      your work in the subject heading to

      <submissions(at)deadmadorpoet.com> (replace (at) with @).

      You may submit as many times or in as many genres as you like, but
      please wait until you receive a response before sending your next
      submission. We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
      Blog posts are by a small set of regular contributors and by
      invitation; however if you have a related publication and would like to
      trade “guest posts” drop a line to <editor(at)deadmadorpoet.com>
      Current remuneration is a contributor's copy of the print magazine,
      plus a one-year subscription to the .pdf version.