call for submissions: Flywheel Magazine

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2011
      Flywheel Magazine seeks submissions in fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.

      Inspired in part by a magazine of the same name produced in a German
      prison camp by British soldiers, the editors of Flywheel take our name
      seriously. We see the flywheel as a symbol of the transfer of
      energyâ€"both the vital energy that sustains people in unthinkable
      situations (like prison camps) and the cultural energy that connects
      human beings across time, space, and circumstance.

      Our mission, as such, is to provide our readers with stories, essays,
      and poems that whomp you in the face with the energy of the writers. As
      our guidelines note:
      We discourage quiet epiphanies. But if your story has one that makes
      Dave run and tackle Geoff and yell, “Did you read the end of this
      yet?!” and Geoff says, “I did! Nothing happened, and it blew my
      brains out!”, and then the sprinklers go off, then, yeah, by all
      means, send us that story.
      You can read more about Flywheel at http://www.flywheelmag.com/about/,
      or review our full call for submissions at
      http://www.flywheelmag.com/submissions/.

      Finally, to submit to Flywheel, visit
      http://flywheelmag.submishmash.com/Submit

      We look forward to reading your work.