poetry anthology: Tennessee focus

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2011
      CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: THE SOUTHERN POETRY ANTHOLOGY, VOLUME VI:
      TENNESSEE

      DEADLINE: JUNE 31, 2011

      Editors William Wright, Jesse Graves, and Paul Ruffin now seek
      submissions for the sixth in our series of The Southern Poetry
      Anthology, featuring Tennessee poets. The anthology will be published
      by Texas Review Press in late 2012.

      If you are a Tennessee native, or if you have lived in Tennessee for
      more than one year, please feel free to send up to five poems for
      consideration. This anthology is not limited to those who have
      published before; we invite first-time submitters as well as those who
      have had full-length works of poetry published with national presses.
      The only rules: Poems must be original and of high quality.

      We consider formal poems and free verse. Poems about Tennessee are not
      necessarily championed over other motifs and themes, as we wish for the
      "sense of place" to manifest in different ways, with different voices.

      Please note that the success of this anthology depends a great deal on
      word of mouth. Notify your poetry students, poetry-writing friends, and
      gifted nemeses of this opportunity.

      SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:

      Please submit your poems electronically to Series Editor, William
      Wright, at <vercimber(at)hotmail.com> and Jesse Graves, Volume
      Co-editor at <gravesj(at)mail.etsu.edu> (replace (at) with @ in sending
      e-mail). Please type "Tennessee Poetry Submission" as your subject
      heading, then include your first and last names in parentheses. For
      example: Tennessee Poetry Submission (William Wright). Unfortunately,
      snail-mail submissions are not an option given the nature of our
      editing process.

      Please include a short cover letter within the text of the e-mail, as
      well as the names of the poems submitted. Submit a maximum of five
      poems, and ensure that the poems are sent in .rtf (Rich Text Format),
      .doc (Word 1997-2003), or .docx (Word 2007 or 2010) format. Please
      include all submitted poems in only one attachment (this is important).
      All submissions should include a recent bio (up to 150 words) after the
      poems, on a separate page. Please italicize names of publications.

      We welcome both new and previously published work. However, if poems
      have been previously published, submitters must hold rights to them and
      provide full publication data (journal and/or book publisher, title of
      book/journal if applicable, date of publication). Finally, please make
      sure that each submission includes a preferred e-mail address and
      street mailing address within the text of the e-mail and on at least
      one page of the attached submission.

      If you'd like to learn more about the anthology, please visit
      www.southern-poetry-anthology.com

      Thank you for your attention. We look forward to reading your work.