Deadline April 16 (Postmarked by April 16th). The winner of our 2011
contest will receive a $500 prize and publication in BOMB Magazine’s
literary supplement First Proof.
Founded in 1981, BOMB has championed and encouraged the literary
efforts of both established and emerging writers for more than a
quarter-century, with a contributing editorial board that boasts
contemporary giants such as A.M. Homes, Patrick McGrath, Amy Hempel,
and Jonathan Lethem, all whom have generously judged our last four
Fiction Contest Submission Guidelines
• Winner receives $500 and publication in BOMB Magazine
• Final Judge: Rivka Galchen (author of Atmospheric Disturbances)
• Deadline: April 16, 2011
• Reading Fee: $20 — includes a free one-year subscription to BOMB
(overseas addresses should add $12); make all checks and money orders
payable to BOMB Magazine.
Online entry fee payment at
Mail entries to:
2011 Fiction Contest
80 Hanson Place, #703
Brooklyn, NY 11217
• If you pay online, please be sure to note your 15 digit Google
Checkout Order # or your 17 digit PayPal Transaction ID on your cover
• Manuscripts of one story maximum must be less than 20 pages.
• Include cover letter with name, address, email, phone number and
title of story; do not write a name on the actual manuscript, as all
entries will be considered anonymously.
• Include SASE for response; manuscript will not be returned.
• Simultaneous submissions OK, but reading fee is not refundable.
• Story must be previously unpublished.
• Multiple entries OK as long as you pay the reading fee for each story
submitted, however only one subscription to BOMB will be given per
• Email generalinquiries (at) bombsite (dot) com with any questions.
Rivka Galchen is the author of Atmospheric Disturbances and was
recently named one of The New Yorker’s “20 under 40” list. She has also
has been featured in BOMB in conversation with Nathan Englander, and
BOMB’s Summer 2007 First Proof.