poetry contest: C.P. Cavafy Prize

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2011
      C.P. CAVAFY POETRY PRIZE

      Poetry International is pleased to announce its first annual C.P.
      Cavafy Poetry Prize. The C.P. Cavafy Poetry Prize is judged
      collectively by the editorial staff of Poetry International. Each year,
      we will honor Cavafy by selecting one stunning, original poem. The
      winner will receive a $1,000 prize and publication in an upcoming issue
      of Poetry International. All finalists will be considered for
      publication.

      DEADLINE: FEB. 15, 2011

      C.P. CAVAFY PRIZE GUIDELINES
      ––Include a $15 entry fee for up to three poems. You may include
      additional poems for a $3 reading fee per poem. Please make checks out
      to “Poetry International.”
      ––Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you
      wrote both the original poem and the translation.
      ––We will announce the winner on our website and blog in the spring of
      2011, so no SASE is necessary.
      ––For complete guidelines please refer to our website:
      http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/Contests.htm

      While we hope to be able to accept online submissions in the future,
      currently we can only accept submissions through snail mail. Please
      mail your submissions to:

      C.P. Cavafy Award

      Poetry International

      Dept. of English and Comparative Literature

      San Diego State University

      5500 Campanile Dr.
      San Diego, CA 92182-6020

      Do you have a question about one of our contests? Are you interested in
      learning more about Poetry International? Email us at
      poetry.international@... or visit our website
      http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/

      http://poetryinternational.sdsu.edu/

      Poetry International
      Department of English and Comparative Literature
      San Diego State University
      5500 Campanile Drive MC 6020
      San Diego, California 92182-6020