call for submissions: The Redheaded Stepchild

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2011
      Submissions Now Open

      The Redheaded Stepchild only accepts poems that have been rejected by
      other magazines. We publish biannually, and we accept submissions in
      the months of August and February only. We do not accept previously
      published work. We do, however, accept simultaneous submissions, but
      please inform us immediately if your work is accepted somewhere else.
      We are open to a wide variety of poetry and hold no allegiance to any
      particular style or school. If your poem is currently displayed online
      on your blog or website or wherever, please do not send it to us before
      taking it down, at least temporarily.

      Submit 3-5 poems that have been rejected elsewhere with the names of
      the magazines that rejected the poems. We do not want multiple
      submissions, so please wait for a response to your first submission
      before you submit again. As is standard after publication, rights
      revert back to the author, but we request that you credit Redheaded
      Stepchild in subsequent republications.

      We do not accept email attachments; therefore, in the body of your
      email, please include the following:

      · a brief bio

      · 3-5 poems

      · the publication(s) that rejected the poems

      Send your submission to <redheadedstepchildmag(at)gmail.com> (replace
      (at) with @ in sending e-mail)