call for submissions: MUZZLE

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2011
      Submission Guidelines

      MUZZLE publishes poetry, art, interviews, book reviews, and performance
      reviews. Additionally, MUZZLE is interested in collaborative and
      multi-media pieces. MUZZLE is currently taking submissions for the
      third issue, scheduled to come out February 15, 2011. Submissions will
      close for this issue on January 15, 2011.

      Only previously unpublished work will be considered for publication.
      Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please send notification
      immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.

      All submissions must be emailed to <MuzzleMagazine(at)gmail.com>
      (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail). All submissions must be
      accompanied by a cover letter that includes contact information and a
      brief bio. Only one submission per person will be considered per issue
      (additional submissions will be held for future issues).

      POETRY:
      Please send 3-5 poems per submission. All the poems should be sent in
      one document that should not exceed 10 pages. Each poetry submission
      must be attached (as a PDF or a DOC file) AND pasted into the body of
      the email. In the file name for your submission, please include your
      last name (ex: Edwards_Submission.doc).

      INTERVIEWS:
      Interviews should be less than 2000 words. Each interview must be
      attached (as a PDF or a DOC file) AND pasted into the body of the email.

      REVIEWS:
      Reviews should be less than 1500 words. Book Reviews should be of books
      published within the last 2 years. Performance Reviews should be of
      performances that occurred within the last 6 months. Each review must
      be attached (as a PDF or a DOC file) AND pasted into the body of the
      email.

      ART:
      All art submissions must be attached as JPEG files. Please send no more
      than 5 pieces in one submission. In the file name for each piece,
      please include your last name and the title (ex: Herrmann_Alight.jpeg).

      AUDIO RECORDINGS:
      All audio recordings (which may be sent accompanying poetry, art,
      interviews, and performance reviews) must be attached as MP3 files.

      Terms and Conditions:
      * Artists should be paid for their labor. We wish we could pay you. We
      cannot pay you.
      * All published work will be copy-edited.
      * MUZZLE does not accept previously published work.
      * In order to be published here, an artist must grant MUZZLE one-time
      publication rights to publish his/her work AND rights to archive the
      work online in perpetuity.
      * If work is published elsewhere (after being published in MUZZLE),
      artists should note that it first appeared in MUZZLE.

      Please take some time to check out previous issues at
      http://www.muzzlemagazine.com/index.html
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2011
        Call for submissions: MUZZLE
        http://www.muzzlemagazine.com/

        We are currently about 3 weeks out from the deadline for the Spring
        2011 issue of Muzzle. Submissions for the Spring 2011 issue will close
        on April 15, 2011. We hope you will consider sending some of your work
        our way for consideration. We are looking for submissions in the
        following categories: poetry, art, interviews, poetry book reviews, and
        poetry performance reviews.

        To submit to Muzzle, please use our new online submissions form (please
        note that we are no longer accepting submissions via email):
        http://muzzlemagazine.submishmash.com/Submit
        For more information about our submission guidelines, please go to:
        http://www.muzzlemagazine.com/submissions.html

        In recent news, Library Journal gave Muzzle a lovely starred review in
        a section spotlighting new literary journals. Editor Steve Black noted
        that Muzzle "is a fine literary journal of creative writing by people
        of diverse backgrounds that deserves to be linked to from catalogs in
        libraries everywhere" and "features excellent writing that is generally
        upbeat and thought-provoking." Check it out:
        http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/reviewsmagazine/888544-285/the_magazine_rack_new_reviews.html.csp!

        We hope you have enjoyed our past 3 issues and greatly look forward to
        the opportunity to showcase more brave and thought-provoking voices in
        our upcoming issues.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2011
            Muzzle Magazine aims to bring together the voices of poets from a
            diverse array of backgrounds, paying special homage to those from
            communities that are historically underrepresented in literary
            magazines. Muzzle was recently the only online literary magazine to be
            named one of the Top 10 Best New Magazines of 2010 by Library Journal.
            Our past issues have included poems from Roger Bonair-Agard, Marty
            McConnell, Rachel McKibbens, Marcus Wicker, Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz,
            Jamaal May, and many other talented folks.

            Muzzle publishes poetry, art, interviews, book reviews, and
            performance reviews. We are currently taking submissions for the Summer
            2011/ 1st Anniversary issue, scheduled to come out in August 2011.
            Submissions for the 1st Anniversary issue will close on July 15, 2011.

            To submit to Muzzle, please use our new online submissions manager
            http://muzzlemagazine.submishmash.com/Submit

            (and be sure to check out our submission guidelines).
            http://www.muzzlemagazine.com/submissions.html

            We highly encourage everyone to read past issues of Muzzle prior to
            submitting. Everybody has aesthetic biases. For more information on
            what we're about, check out an interviews with our Editor-in-Chief at
            Six Questions for... and Duotrope.com.
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 13, 2011
              We (Muzzle Magazine) are currently taking submissions for our 1-Year
              Anniversary Issue, scheduled to come out in late August 2011. We hope
              to honor the past year of extraordinary work that's appeared in Muzzle
              by putting out the most badass and gorgeous issue imaginable. We are
              enjoining you to submit your work so that we can reach this lofty goal.
              Submissions for our 1-Year Anniversary issue will close on July 15,
              2011 at 11:59 PM (we're flexible on time zone).

              We've had quite an exciting first year of publication. Muzzle has the
              distinct honor of being the only online literary magazine named as one
              of the ten best new magazines of 2010 by Steve Black at Library Journal
              in “LJ Best New Magazines of 2010: Ten new periodicals rise to the
              top.” Additionally, in a starred review published in January 2011,
              Steve Black called our little magazine "a fine literary journal of
              creative writing by people of diverse backgrounds that deserves to be
              linked to from catalogs in libraries everywhere." Our past issues have
              included stunning work from Roger Bonair-Agard, Marty McConnell, Rachel
              McKibbens, Marcus Wicker, Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz, Jamaal May, and
              many many other talented folks.

              Muzzle publishes poetry, visual art, interviews, book reviews, and
              poetry performance reviews. To submit to Muzzle, please use our online
              submissions manager at
              http://muzzlemagazine.submishmash.com/Submit

              and be sure to check out our submission guidelines at
              http://www.muzzlemagazine.com/submissions.html

              We highly encourage everyone to read past issues of Muzzle prior to
              submitting. Everybody has aesthetic biases. For more information on
              what we're about, check out our interviews at Six Questions for... and
              Duotrope.com.
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 7, 2011
                Muzzle aims to bring together the voices of poets from a diverse array of backgrounds, paying special homage to those from communities that are historically underrepresented in literary magazines.

                Muzzle has the distinct honor of being the only online literary magazine named as one of the ten best new magazines of 2010 by Library Journal in "LJ Best New Magazines of 2010: Ten new periodicals rise to the top."

                Muzzle publishes poetry, visual art, poetry book reviews, poetry performance reviews, and interviews. Muzzle is currently taking submissions for the Winter 2012 issue. Submissions close for the Winter 2012 issue on December 15, 2011.

                Muzzle is also currently taking submissions for a special Spring 2012 issue centered around the theme of "Drink." Submissions will close for the Spring 2012 issue on March 15, 2012.

                For complete information on how to submit to Muzzle, please go to: http://www.muzzlemagazine.com/submissions.html