poetry sought for art song contest: Memorious

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2011
      Memorious: A Journal of New Verse and Fiction (www.memorious.org)
      welcomes poetry submissions for our annual Art Song Contest, in which
      we work together with the Chicago group SONG (Singers on New Ground) to
      bring together poets and composers for the creation of original
      contemporary art song. The selected poet will have his or her work set
      by our guest composer, performed live in Chicago, and recorded and
      published online in an issue of Memorious.

      Our 2011 guest composer will be Luke Gullickson. Gullickson studied
      composition and piano at the University of Texas at Austin (MM) and
      Illinois Wesleyan University (BA), and harmony and counterpoint at the
      Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris with EAMA ( European American Musical
      Alliance). He has received a TD Jazz Fellowship at the Banff Center,
      and was Artist-in-Residence at Joshua Tree Naitonal Park. His music
      was featured in two national conferences of the Society of Composers,
      and he has spent the last few summers in Colorado playing piano and
      music directing for Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre. He is a member of
      ASCAP and the American Music Center.

      Submission guidelines: The composer will be selecting three short
      pieces by one poet: these may be three separate poems, a sequence of
      three poems, or a longer poem in three parts. Please send an email with
      a brief bio and 3-6 short poems (no more than 30 lines each) or one
      long poem (no more than 100 lines), all included in both the email and
      a word attachment to
      <contest(at)memorious.org>(replace (at) with @ in sending message) by
      February 12th, 2011. The winner will be selected by the composer and
      the editors of Memorious, and finalists will be considered for
      publication in the journal.

      For contest submission guidelines and links to last year's contest
      results, please visit our blog::http://memoriousmag.wordpress.com