fiction contest: Booth

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2011
      Chapter One Contest
      $500 Prize
      Final Judge: Richard Russo
      Submit January 3 to March 15, 2011
      Contest entry link
      http://booth.butler.edu/contests/

      Your Submission
      We want to read up to 25 pages of unpublished work from your novel. We
      are open
      to any and all genres and styles of writing. We are looking for work
      that knocks
      us on our ass. Click on the link below and send us up to 6,500 words.
      There is a
      $10 fee and all entries will receive a copy of our 2011 anthology. All
      work will
      be considered for publication in Booth. Do not include a synopsis with
      your
      submission. Sorry but we do not accept snail mail submissions as that
      complicates the steamy romance brewing with our online submission
      manager.

      The Prize
      The $500 pot goes to the winner. This Pulitzer Prize winning cat by the
      name of
      Richard Russo<http://www.randomhouse.com/knopf/authors/russo/> will
      select the
      winning entry in April. We will publish this excerpt both online and in
      our 2012
      print issue. Also, we will send out formal announcements of the winning
      entry to
      a number of literary blogs and magazines.

      Fine Print
      Our Chapter One Contest is compliant with the CLMP Contest Code of
      Ethics. All rights revert to the author upon publication. Students and
      former
      students of Butler University and of this year’s judge may not enter.
      Butler
      University employees are ineligible as are close friends of the judge.
      Simultaneous submissions are fine, but you must withdraw your work from
      consideration if it becomes committed elsewhere. Details on the reading
      and
      judging process are available upon request.