call for submissions: Bellingham Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2011
      The Bellingham Review, a literary journal published in affiliation with
      the
      graduate program at Western Washington University, welcomes electronic
      submissions of flash fiction, prose poetry, and brief essays via
      Submishmash for
      online publication.

      Submissions Guidelines:

      This is an open (free) submission period and runs from January 1st,
      2011 through
      April 15th, 2011. Pieces can be up to 1000 words in length and can be
      on any
      subject. Submissions must be submitted via Submishmash at
      http://bhreview.submishmash.com/submit.

      Please, no more than three pieces per submission, only one submission
      per author
      during this period. Please include a cover letter with your contact
      information,
      submission genre(s), and publication history (if applicable) on the
      first page
      of your submission. Please submit all pieces in a single file,
      preferably a
      Microsoft Word Document. Simultaneous submissions are accepted and
      encouraged so
      long as you are prompt in informing us of any acceptances by other
      publications.
      All work must be previously unpublished. We look forward to reading
      your work.
      Payment is dependent on availability of funds. Any questions can be
      sent to
      <bhreview(at)wwu.edu> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2011
        Bellingham Review is now accepting general submissions! Our general submission period lasts until December 15. During this time we will be accepting mailed, as well as electronic, submissions.

        Electronic manuscripts should be sent through Submishmash.

        http://bhreview.submishmash.com/submit/

        Mailed submissions should be addressed to:
        Fiction, Nonfiction, or Poetry Editor
        Bellingham Review
        Mail Stop 9053
        Western Washington University
        Bellingham, WA 98225

        We accept poetry and prose under 6,000 words. For longer works, please submit a query to
        <Bellingham.Review(at)wwu.edu> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail). Our editors prefer poetry submissions of up to 3 poems.

        Please visit our website for our full submission guidelines. http://www.wwu.edu/bhreview/submissions.shtml

        We look forward to reading your manuscripts!

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2012
          Bellingham Review is a nonprofit literary arts magazine affiliated with Western Washington University. Our yearly print edition is published in the spring.
          Our general submission period is from September 15th through December 1st.
          The editors welcome submissions of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, author interviews, and black-and-white photography. There are no limitations on form or subject matter. Prose must be under 6,000 words (Please indicate the approximate word count on prose pieces.) For submissions longer than 6,000 words, please send a query with a brief description of the work. Novel excerpts are acceptable but must be able to stand alone. The editors prefer poetry submissions of up to three poems per submission.
          All electronic submissions should follow the directions available on Submittable and be titled with the name of the work. The author will receive a confirmation of the receipt of the work as well as our final decision through email. All mailed submissions should be accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope for reply. Submissions from other countries should be accompanied by a sufficient number of international postal reply coupons.
          Electronic submissions: http://bhreview.submittable.com/submit/