poetry contest: String Poet

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2011
      2011 String Poet Prize
      We are currently accepting submissions for the first annual String Poet
      Prize.
      The theme for submissions is “The Seasons.” This can be broadly
      interpreted.
      As the name implies, String Poet seeks lyric poems that resound with
      musicality. We seek free and even experimental verse, as long as the
      poetry echos with sound, rhythm, and fresh, sonorous language. Formal
      poems that pulse with music and explore the tension between rhyme/meter
      and unconventional or ground-breaking subject matter both intrigue and
      delight us. We want poetry of great and mighty sound.
      2011 Contest Guidelines: Up to 30 lines per poem; all forms accepted
      and encouraged. First prize is $150.00. Winning poem will be performed
      with original music, and published in our online journal. Fees: $10.00
      for up to 3 poems, $15.00 for up to 5 poems. Final judge TBA.
      Hard copy submissions currently accepted, with payment by check, at the
      following address. Entries must be postmarked on or before February
      15, 2011.
      String Poet Prize c/o Long Island Violin Shop
      8 Elm Street
      Huntington, NY 11743
      Checks payable to “L.I.V.S.”. Entry fees from outside the United States
      must be paid by a check drawn on a U.S. Bank.
      Author’s name, address, and contact information (phone and/or email
      address) typed (preferred) or printed neatly on the BACK of each
      submitted page. Enclose a SASE if you would like to be notified of the
      contest results. Entries cannot be returned, and will be recycled.
      Full contest guidelines at http://www.stringpoet.com