reading period open: At Length magazine

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2011
      At Length (atlengthmag.com) is now considering submissions of poetry
      and prose. Please see below for specific guidelines, and please note
      that open reading period will end on March 31.

      Poetry
      We’re interested in poems and sequences that are at least 7
      single-spaced pages long. Please send a Word document or PDF to
      <poetry(at)atlengthmag.com>. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but be
      sure
      to mention it in the body of the email, and if parts of the work have
      already appeared in other venues, please note that as well and provide
      all relevant details. We will attempt to respond to all submissions
      within one month, and we ask that you only submit one poem at a time.

      Prose
      We’re looking for fiction and non-fiction of at least 7,500 words in
      length. We welcome novellas, novel excerpts, memoirs, narratives,
      essays, and long short stories. No academic papers, please.
      Simultaneous submissions are fine; previously published pieces, not so
      much. Please send your work in a Word or .pdf file to
      <prose(at)atlengthmag.com>, along with a short biographical note. We’ll
      do
      our best to respond within a month.

      Art
      Additionally, At Length is seeking submissions from writers of all
      stripes for a recurring feature in its art section. The feature will
      include and promote prose pieces (essays, prose poems,
      letters-to-the-world) that explore one work of art. The first
      installment, an essay by poet Anna Journey on Remedios Varo’s Catedral
      vegetal, can be found here. Please send a query letter with a brief
      synopsis to At Length’s art editor, Elaine Bleakney, at
      <art(at)atlengthmag.com>.
      (Replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)
      --
      Music, Writing, Art and Photography: atlengthmag.com