call for submissions: Prime Mincer

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2011
      Call For Submissions

      Prime Mincer, a new thrice-annual print magazine, is seeking
      submissions of fiction, poetry and creative non-fiction. We desire
      first, and foremost, solid, well-crafted and intelligent work, and
      beyond that are very open minded as far as form and style. Our hope is
      to push the creative envelope, give artists a place to take risks, and
      to bring a fresh, modern feel to the world of creative writing. To
      clarify, this does not mean that we publish only the strange and
      extraordinary. We love traditional fiction, but want to allow it to
      breathe and flourish outside of the confines of the creative writing
      workshop. Prime Mincer is a place to play, explore, create and exhibit,
      and we invite you to bring your most interesting work forward.

      Feel free to submit regardless of your current publication or academic
      status. Although we plan on publishing established writers, we are
      excited at the prospect of getting first dibs on new talent, so submit
      away.

      We appreciate an introductory letter and short bio with each piece.
      Although we accept magical realism and the unusual, we do not publish
      fantasy, sci-fi or any other standard genre writing. We do not accept
      mailed submissions, please submit through our online submission manager
      (primemincer.submishmash.com) Our deadline for open submissions for the
      first edition is February 15th, 2010.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2011
        Call For Submissions
        http://primemincer.wordpress.com/submit/

        Prime Mincer, a thrice-annual print magazine, is seeking submissions
        of fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, and graphic narratives for
        its summer issue. We desire first, and foremost, solid, well-crafted
        and intelligent work, and beyond that are very open minded as far as
        form and style. Our hope is to push the creative envelope, give
        artists a place to take risks, and to bring a fresh, modern feel to
        the world of creative writing. To clarify, this does not mean that we
        publish only the strange and extraordinary. We love traditional
        fiction, but want to allow it to breathe and flourish outside of the
        confines of the creative writing workshop. Prime Mincer is a place to
        play, explore, create and exhibit, and we invite you to bring your
        most interesting work forward.

        Feel free to submit regardless of your current publication or academic
        status. Although we publish established writers, we are excited at the
        prospect of getting first dibs on new talent and have published
        several first-timers, so submit away.

        We appreciate an introductory letter and short bio with each piece.
        Although we accept magical realism and the unusual, we do not publish
        fantasy, sci-fi or any other standard genre writing. We do not accept
        mailed submissions, please submit through our online submission
        manager
        (primemincer.submishmash.com)

        While we accept submissions
        year-round, we will stop accepting for the summer issue on June 1st.
        To get a better idea of our style and aesthetic, visit the website
        (primemincer.com) and order a copy of the journal. Or, better yet,
        order a subscription!
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19, 2011
          http://primemincer.wordpress.com/

          Prime Mincer, a thrice-annual print magazine, is seeking submissions
          of fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, and graphic narratives for
          its winter issue and poetry submissions for its 2011 Poetry Contest.
[...]

          manager (primemincer.submishmash.com) While we accept submissions
          year-round, we will stop accepting for the winter issue on October 1st.