call for submissions: Super Arrow

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2011
      Super Arrow, a biannual online journal for experiments in writing and
      art, is now accepting submissions for our fourth issue.

      We’re looking for work that understands experiment and formal play,
      while keeping sweet vigilance on the line-level, in order to make that
      which is vital and exciting, earnest and true, makes a new universe,
      echoes a real one.

      Creative nonfiction and fiction writers should feel especially
      encouraged to share their work with us. Show us prose’s new potential.
      Let narrative have some fun.

      It should be noted, too, that we have a commitment to visual art, and
      have in past issues published drawings, collage, music, paintings,
      photography, and documentary of installation work.

      Our special folio assignment this issue is titled, “So Nice To Meet You
      Again For The First Time Ever,” and asks writers and artists to make
      work through the medium of a new persona. Head to
      http://www.superarrow.org/Assignment.html for more information.

      All submissions can be made through our online submissions manager at
      Submishmash: http://superarrow.submishmash.com/Submit

      Take a gander at our new [huge and wonderful] issue, No. 3, at
      superarrow.org.

      Any questions should be directed to <editor(at)superarrow.org> (replace
      (at) with (@) in sending e-mail).

      Thanks, and best wishes for a full and happy year,

      Super Arrow
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 20, 2011
        http://superarrow.submishmash.com/Submit

        We write to you from a sunny place, where though the branches are yet
        bare, our legs may be similarly and comfortably unsheathed. We invite
        you to help celebrate this heady end of hibernation season by
        submitting your writing and art to Super Arrow.

        We are looking for fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, as well as any
        cross-genre sally-forths – make your words count, and your notions
        rich, your formal methods as carefully wrought as the content they
        envelop. We like the dad-joke funny and the unpredictably poignant as
        well as great beauty and confident homeliness; we like loyalty to sonic
        texture and a lashing-to of tension and motion; we like lots of things
        un-listable here and this can be best understood by reading the current
        and past issues in the archive at superarrow.org.

        We are also looking for serious visual and audio work. We like to
        present work which is stand-alone, rather than illustrative, and which
        holds within it some conceptual affinity to ideas of creative
        experimentation and process. In the past, we’ve published drawings,
        collage, installation work, improvisational sound collaboration, and
        photography. Super Arrow is interested in sustaining an
        interdisciplinary venue; help us, oh artist types, in doing this.

        LASTLY, and not LEASTLY, our Issue Four Assignment Folio concerns the
        idea of persona in all sorts of work. Send us work you made that was
        somehow made, you feel, by other people. We do not state it this way to
        be difficult or abstract. Ideas of identity and maker-ship are
        shifty…What new people must we make up in order to invent new artistic
        approaches? See http://www.superarrow.org/Assignment.html for more
        details, and stay tuned to the blog for more in our Chatbot Series, as
        vaguely fictionalized versions of our editorial staff try to discuss
        the concept of PERSONA with artificially intelligent beings, to mixed
        success.

        We’ll be accepting submissions through Tax Day, April 15, 2011,
        midnight for the submitter’s time zone, through our Submishmash manager
        at
        http://superarrow.submishmash.com/Submit
        As always, we’d be so pleased if you would forward this to any of your
        creative compatriots, or post this call on your blog, Facebook or
        Twitter accounts. (Also, don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow
        us on Twitter, to stay best abreast of news and future calls!)

        Yours in Creative Experiment and Impatient Thermometer Watching,
        Super Arrow
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2011
          Super Arrow is an online journal for experiments in writing and art, and we're looking for work that sends us giggling through the ringer, confronts us with new sensations, invents form to fit concept. We like fiction that builds universes and sparks at the line-level, and nonfiction that pushes through convention to find bright ways to reflect our human experience back on itself. We like poetry full of syllabic burrs, from poets who take risks. Visual and audio art that investigates process and plucks both seriously and comically at disciplinary context pleases us lots. We like other things, and also things we don't even know we like yet, we imagine. Check out our archive at www.superarrow.org to see a bit of what we've published in the past.

          For each issue, we offer a conceptually-driven folio, and this one -- called "FROM HERE TO THERE" is inspired by maps. We invite you to submit all manners of map-inspired and map-troubling work. Head to www.superarrow.org/Assignment.html for more information.

          To submit, please visit our online submissions manager at superarrow.submishmash.com. We're looking forward to seeing your work, and please do forward this call to any artmaker who may be interested. We as a publication thrive on community and connection. Be the life of our party!

          Sincerely, and With Best Wishes for a Bright and Productive Summertime,
          Super Arrow
          editor(at)superarrow.org