call for submissions/nonfiction contest: Ruminate

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      Ruminate: Faith in Literature in Art is currently seeking fiction,
      nonfiction, poetry, interviews, and reviews for Summer Issue 20 on the
      theme "Eat and Drink". The deadline is February 15. Artists interested
      may submit online at ruminatemagazine.org. And for more information,
      please email us at
      <editor(at)ruminatemagazine.org> (replace (at) with @ in sending
      e-mail).

      Also, we are excited to announce a new Non-Fiction Prize! If you could
      also list the information for our contest it would be much appreciated.

      Ruminate is thrilled to announce our first annual Ruminate Nonfiction
      Prize. The first place story will win a $500 prize and the runner-up
      will win a $50 prize. The entry deadline is February 1st, 2011 and the
      finalist judge is award-winning author, Al Haley. (Haley is the
      published author of Home Ground: Stories of Two Families and the Land
      and Exotic: A Novel, winner of the John Irving First Novel Award, and
      his work has been published in publications including The New Yorker
      and The Atlantic Monthly.) For more details please visit
      www.ruminatemagazine.org.