call for submissions: Ginger Piglet Press

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2011
      http://libbywalkup.wordpress.com/ginger-piglet/

      Libby Walkup
      Ginger Piglet Press

      Deadline: Feb. 1, 2011.

      Ginger Piglet Press invites you to submit your stories, art, crafts and
      photography for the first issue, “Conversations over Coffee”. The title
      is a loose theme (not necessarily literally ‘conversations you’ve had
      over coffee’, though, that would be acceptable) for the issue.
      Basically, anything coffee/cafe related.

      Submissions guidelines:

      Art and photos must be jpgs.
      Stories, poems, insights, coffee thoughts, facts, suggestions, tips on
      being a good barista – (whatever) should be .doc or .rtf files or copy
      and pasted into the email (please don’t send .docx files).

      I prefer things under 500 words. They must fit on the vertical side of
      a half sheet of paper, but I will consider up to 1,000 words (give or
      take) as long as it fits on two sides. (You know, like a Playboy
      centerfold.) Stories can be funny, devastating, dry, snarky – whatever.
      They should be good.

      Send to:
      <gingerpigletpress(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending
      e-mail).

      Please include your genre and last name in the subject. Submit as many
      things as you like in multiple genres, just send separate emails. I
      have enough trouble staying organized.

      Include your name and the title on the document.

      Include contact details in the body of the email. First and last name
      (that you want printed) and email. Include a short (very short. 50
      words) bio.

      Simultaneous subs are encouraged, but please notify us if the piece is
      accepted elsewhere.

      I’m sorry, I have no money (I’m still curious how I plan on printing
      the issue). Unless someone donates a rather large sum of it or Ginger
      Piglet Press (which is me, at the moment) wins the lottery,
      mysteriously, because it hasn’t bought a ticket, I cannot pay you. I
      can promise you a lack in fame and notoriety, will that do?

      Please email any questions or concerns.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2011
        We love short things with distinct voices; flash prose, prose poetry,
        and maybe, someday, novellas. We like innovative literary efforts, but
        mostly we like stories that are told uniquely well. We like things that
        are true and untrue, so long as they make vivid images and a have pace
        we can feel. Simply put; we like good stuff.
        Submissions Manager:
        http://gingerpigletpress.submishmash.com/Submit

        If you have something with stanzas or otherwise outside of this
        guideline, but think we must see it, please don’t hesitate to send it.
        Please take a look at the first issue of Ginger Piglet to see what
        we’re looking for; gingerpiglet.magcloud.com.
        We are currently accepting submissions for the second issue of Ginger
        Piglet through our submissions manager.
        Guidelines:
        * Send up to, but no more than, three pieces of flash prose (fiction or
        nonfiction) or prose poetry in separate documents.
        * We will only consider previously unpublished work.
        * We encourage simultaneous submissions, but please let us know if a
        piece is accepted elsewhere.
        * We like variety, but please don’t send genre fiction, interviews, or
        reviews, etc.
        Your bio:
        * We would like to bring you fame and notoriety, or at minimum, a few
        more interested readers, so please, include a bio of no more than 100
        interesting and important words.
        * Include a link to your blog/website and an email address you’d like
        published. If you’d prefer not to have your email published, let us
        know.
        Publishing rights:
        * Someday we hope to pay, even if a small amount, to our contributors,
        but are unable to at this time.
        * We reserve first-publishing rights, after which the rights return to
        you. We currently do not publish online except for the issue being
        available in PDF form.
        * Please give us mention if your work should be published elsewhere.

        Guest Bloggers
        We also collect nonfiction submissions on writing and other fun things
        for our blog on a rolling basis. See our submissions guidelines at our
        submissions manager on submishmash:
        http://gingerpigletpress.submishmash.com