poetry book contest: Blue Light Press

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 10, 2010
      The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a
      manuscript to our Blue Light Book Award Competition. Please share our
      guidelines with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your
      students know about our contest.
      http://bluelightpress.com/contestsFull.php
      THE BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD
      Guidelines:
      1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry that is
      imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a
      deeper level of insight.
      2. To enter, send a manuscript of 50 to 80 pages of poetry, typed or
      printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to: Blue Light Press Book
      Award, 1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122
      3. Submit your manuscript between September 1 and January 30.
      4. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light Press.
      5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must have
      a SASE to correspond with you. No manuscript will be returned without a
      SASE.
      6. The winner will be announced in May or June. The winning book will
      go into production in September or October, depending on our production
      schedule.
      7. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript on
      disk. Acceptable formats:
      PC or Mac - using Word or RTF (Rich Text Format).
      8. Winner will receive 10 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on book
      sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com,
      any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our
      partner, 1st World Publishing.
      9. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail, as
      this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation of
      receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not strict
      about deadlines— if your manuscript comes a few days late, we will read
      it.
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 20, 2015

        BLUE LIGHT PRESS is accepting full-length manuscripts for the 2016 BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD.  To enter, send 50 to 80 pages of poetry, reading fee of $20.00, and SASE to:  Blue Light Press - Book Award, 1563 - 45th Ave., San Francisco, CA 94122.  For guidelines, E-mail:  bluelightpressATaolDOTcom.  Deadline:  1-30-2016. We publish poetry that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight.  To see the books we have published and our winner's list, take a look at our website...  www.bluelightpress.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 11, 2016

          Subject: poetry book contest: Blue Light Press

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2016

            Subject: Contest: Blue Light Press

            BLUE LIGHT PRESS is accepting full-length manuscripts for the 2017 BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD.  To enter, send 50 to 80 pages of poetry, reading fee of $20.00, and SASE to:  Blue Light Press - Book Award, 1563 - 45th Ave., San Francisco, CA 94122.  For guidelines, Email:  bluelightpressATaolDOTcom.  Deadline:  1-30-2017. We publish poetry that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight.  To see the books we have published and our winner's list, go to  www.bluelightpress.com
          • CRWROPPS LIST
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 22

              BLUE LIGHT PRESS is accepting full-length manuscripts for the 2017 BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD.
              To enter, send 50 to 80 pages of poetry, reading fee of $20.00, and SASE to:  Blue Light Press - Book Award, 1563 - 45th Ave.,
              San Francisco, CA 94122.  For guidelines, Email: bluelightpressATaolDOTcom
              Deadline:  Extended to 3-1-2017.