poetry contest (no fee): Franklin-Christoph

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2010
      Guidelines for the 2010 Franklin-Christoph Poetry Contest - Now Open!
      http://www.franklin-christoph.com/Writing/PoetryContest.html

      We will award $2500 in total prizes, including the $1000 cash grand
      prize. 10 Merit Award Winners will receive $150 Franklin-Christoph
      writing instruments.

      Submission Period
      Entries accepted Oct. 1st - Dec. 31st, at midnight EST, 2010.

      What to Submit
      Original, unpublished poem of any theme. Limit of 2 entries per
      contestant. Entries should not exceed 100 lines each.

      Prizes
      First Prize, $1,000 cash and publication on Franklin-Christoph.com
      Ten Merit Award Winners, each to receive a $150 Franklin-Christoph
      writing instrument, and publication on Franklin-Christoph.com. Winners
      announced by March 15th, 2011.

      Entry is Free
      There will be no fee or other obligation for entering this contest.

      Deadline
      December 31st, 2010. Your entry must be submitted online by this date.

      Preparing Your Entry
      Submit one copy of your poems by email. Provide your contact
      information within your email. Be sure to include your actual name and
      address, as we will not be able to send prizes to alternate names and
      addresses after winners have been announced. It is okay to use a pen
      name with the poem as well, and we will review with you how you would
      like your specifics to read before publication. It is best to avoid
      complex formatting, such as centered text or italic type, though
      alterations can be made in this regard before publication. Please make
      your entry easy to read — no illustrations, fancy fonts or decorative
      borders.

      How To Submit
      For 2010 we are requiring all submissions to be via email in order to
      better manage them internally.

      Email to <fcpoetrycontest(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending
      e-mail). Please include your poetry and name and address within the
      body of the email. Attachments will no longer be accepted. *Note, this
      is a new email address from previous years. Contact name is Lauren
      Taylor.

      Please include your name, address and contact number at the top of your
      email. We will hold original copies at our headquarters, and submit
      anonymous copies to our panel of judges.

      Entries Must Be Original and Unpublished
      Your entries must be original, written by you, unpublished (either in
      print or in an online journal), and not have received a monetary award
      from any other contest. Self-published work is not eligible.
      Exceptions: Poems posted to the web outside of online journals, such as
      to a bulletin board, email list, personal web page, critique site or
      public forums are eligible for entry. Please email us if you're unsure
      of eligibility. Our staff will research all submissions for prior
      publication.

      Simultaneous Submission Allowed
      You may submit your poems simultaneously to this contest and to other
      contests and publishers. Please notify us if one of your entries wins
      an award in another contest or is published elsewhere.

      English Language
      Poems should be in English. Poems translated from other languages are
      not eligible.

      Privacy
      We respect your privacy. Franklin-Christoph does not sell or rent
      customer or contestant information to third parties, nor do we use it
      for solicitation of any kind. If you would like to sign up for our fine
      pen email, you can choose that option, or also follow us on Twitter for
      all Franklin-Christoph content.

      Copyright
      You retain the copyright to your submission. If you place as Merit
      Award Winner or better, Franklin-Christoph only requests permission to
      publish your work on Franklin-Christoph.com, in our email publications
      and in our press releases. Any other potential use will be negotiated
      with you.

      Judging
      Franklin-Christoph will utilize a panel of independent judges from a
      staff at a local college. Members of the FC Staff, or other
      economically affiliated persons are not eligible to enter. Neither are
      family or associates of the panel of judges.

      Form
      We are open to poetry in all forms, on all subjects, short or tall,
      large or small. (within 100 lines)

      Thank you for you participation, and we look forward to receiving your
      entry.