call for poetry for a public reading on "American Dream" theme

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2010
      CALL FOR POETRY: The American Dream: A Juxtaposition
      Sunday, February 20, 2011 / 2-4 p.m.
      A beautiful country with a history damning and redeeming in turns. A
      nation where all have opportunity but one percent of the population
      controls over a third of the wealth. A crucible of Enlightenment
      democracy that accepted slavery. We ask writers to consider any and all
      sides of the American dream, e.g. odes, persona pieces, rants, etc. and
      submit the results.

      Selected poets have to be available to read in person. Please send five
      poems on the theme ALONG WITH a 50 to 75 word bio, IN THE BODY OF AN
      E-MAIL to <gallery(at)womanmade.org> (replace (at) with @ in sending
      e-mail) by January 10. We will make every effort to inform those chosen
      of our decision by January 17, 2011.

      Read more about poetry events at Woman Made Gallery here:
      http://womanmade.org/poetry.html