call for submissions: The Fourth River Online

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2010
      Call For Submissions: The Fourth River Online
      Submission Guidelines

      TheFourth River Online is the online literary journal of ChathamUniversity’s MFA Program. We are looking for submissions that explorethe relationship between people and their environments, both naturaland built, urban, rural or wild.  Our theme is capacious, but ourcriteria is based on quality. If you're unsure whether a piece fits ourtheme, send it and let us decide. And, of course, feel free to purchasea back issue to familiarize yourself with our aesthetic.
      Recentcontributors to the print journal include Astrid Cabral, Lailaal-Atrash, Hillary Wentworth, Michael Byers, and Evan Morgan Williams.Our contributors have published in Birmingham Poetry Review, GlimmerTrain, Alaska Quarterly Review, Witness, and The Missouri Review; theyhave been anthologized in Best American Short Stories, The O. HenryPrize Stories, and Best American Travel Writing. The Fourth RiverOnline uses the same editorial staff and guidelines as the printversion, and we look forward to providing contributor interviews andfeatures on the site’s front page.

      TheFourth River Online accepts unpublished poetry, literary short fiction,and creative nonfiction. Please send up to three poems or one prosepiece up to 4,000 words.

      • Reading Period: November 30-March 31, 2010
      •We accept simultaneous submissions if indicated on the cover letter;please let us know immediately if a piece is accepted elsewhere.
      • The Fourth River Online website goes live in the summer of 2011
      • We do not publish writing for children or Young Adult audiences

      Submission Address:
      <4thriversubmissions(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

      4thriversubmissions@...

      Pleaseattach all submissions as Microsoft Word or PDF documents. Poems can bein a single document. Include the cover letter in the document itself.
      Pleaseindicate your name, genre, and title in the email subject line. Forexample, John Smith’s short story “Red Bird” would appear as “Smith,fiction, “Red Bird.”

      We look forward to reading your work!