storytelling contest: Intergeneration Foundation

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      Intergeneration Foundation Announces
      2nd Storytelling Contest
      http://www.intergenerationday.org/contest.html

      The Intergeneration Foundation seeks to reinforce and recognize the power of
      storytelling as a way to connect generations.  Storytelling is an ancient
      tradition of every culture to inform, entertain, educate and bring people
      together.  We invite people of all ages to tell us a story: a narrative of their family
      ’s history or traditions or a story from their imagination.  Whether fiction
      or non-fiction, the story should illustrate intergeneration needs, connections
      and understanding, and feature characters from at least two generations.  One
      illustration, such as an original photo, drawing, painting, or cartoon may be
      included to enhance the story’s message.
      Ideas to inspire and motivate you might be…
      --Favorite family stories handed down from generation to generation
      --Stories you might tell your child or grandchild....stories a child might
      share with his/her grandparent.
      --Stories about intergeneration care giving and sharing
      --Create a story from your imagination that lifts up generations

      Prizes
      1st - $500 – plus publication on our web site
      2nd - $300- plus publication on our web site
      3rd - $100- plus publication on our web site
      honorable mention recognition plus possible publication

      Eligibility - Open to any writer.  Include in the story submission the full
      legal name of the writer, address, telephone, email, and whether the entry is
      fiction or non-fiction. Special judging consideration and prizes will be
      awarded to worthy submissions by young writers age 14 or younger.  Please indicate
      on stories submitted the age of the writer if she/he is 14 or younger,
      otherwise the entry will be judged in the adult category.

      Rules:
      Stories must be submitted via email <igstories(at)earthlink.net> (replace
      (at) with @)
      in Microsoft Word format or Adobe Reader (PDF) format. If these applications
      are not available to you, paste the entire story and applicant information in
      the email.
      The submitted story is not to exceed 600 words and must be an original,
      unpublished work.
      Entries may include one illustration, such as an original photo, drawing,
      painting, or cartoon.
      Fiction or non-fiction must be indicated, intergeneration theme, at least 2
      characters of different generations
      Submission grants the Intergeneration Foundation non-exclusive legal rights
      to publish entries.

      Deadline - Entries must be received by August 15, 2007.  We will announce
      winners on our website by Intergeneration Day, October 7, 2007 .
      Judging will be done by the Intergeneration Foundation Board of Trustees and
      their representatives.