call for submissions from high school writers

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010
      Call for Submissions—Young Writers

      If you are a teenager currently enrolled in high school, grades 9-12,
      Crashtest,
      the new online literary magazine for high school writers, would like to
      hear
      from you!

      Crashtest publishes poetry, stories and creative non-fiction in the
      form of
      personal essays, imaginative investigation, experimental interviews, or
      whatever
      else you would like to call it. We’re looking for writing that has both
      perspective and a personality. We’re looking for authors who have
      something to
      say. Our first issue will be up in the spring, but in the meantime
      please check
      us out at
      <http://www.crashtestmag.com/>.

      Guidelines: Crashtest only accepts email submissions. Send submissions,
      in the
      form of a .doc or .rtf attachment only, and any queries to
      <editor(at)crashtestmag.com>
      (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

      Poetry: 3-5 poems at a time.

      Fiction: 1 piece at a time (no word or page limit)

      Creative Non-Fiction: 1 piece at a time (no word or page limit)

      Crashtest accepts submissions year round and we will be reading for our
      inaugural issue until April 15th, 2011.

      Please go to
      <http://www.crashtestmag.com/> for complete guidelines.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3 10:52 AM

        Call for Submissions: Jet Fuel Review

        Calling All High School Artists, Poets, and Writers

        The Jet Fuel Review is now accepting high school student work for possible publication.

        You should follow the guidelines which apply to all submissions and can be found at jetfuelreview.com

        Please include in your cover note your age, grade level, and high school, and also please submit your work yourself rather than through an adult or as part of a class requirement.  We prefer teachers to encourage students who take themselves seriously as writers or artists to seek publication on their own.

        We also want you to know that we take you seriously, and so you should understand that the publication process is highly competitive.  If we don't select your work this time, don't give up!  Perseverance and revision are pretty much as important as talent.

        Above all, keep doing your art and keep sending it out into the world.

        The Deadline for submissions is March 15, 2015

        Fiction: 3,000 words or less
        Nonfiction: 3,000 words or less
        Poetry: 3-5 poems
        Art: up to 5 pieces