call for submissions: Burner

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      ISSUE 03 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
      Burneris that girl. She's witty, pretty, and doesn't dumb herself down. Byday, she's a kindergarten teacher and by night, dances gogo. She's thechick who soundtracks her days with Wagner, and goes out to see TheWarlocks in a grungy downtown bar at night. She saves Bach for rainymornings, The Beatles for sunny afternoons. She's a muse and amusing,compelling and never complacent. She gets her greatest inspiration fromthe sounds, images and words that the world has produced, and certainlycan't live without music.
      Burnercontributors' work gets your blood pumping, heart racing, and inducesliterary, musical, visual crushes. You don't need to be of the fairersex to contribute, nor should your submission necessarily have anythingto do with women's interests or issues. We're not ruling that out;we're not ruling anything out. The Burner woman, after all, could justas well be a man. (An angel-faced, Rimbaud-spouting, great haircut kindof man who maybe-probably listens to The Libertines, but a man all thesame.)
      BurnerIssue 03, set for release March 1, 2011, will be MUSIC themed. We'reinterested in science, art, truth, conspiracies, naturalism, cyborgs,music, beauty, sex, and everything in between, so long as you in someway, shape or form relate it back to MUSIC: your most powerfulexperiences with it, how you interact with it on a daily basis, the dayyou heard the first song that broke your heart - go wild, dearestcontributor, these choices are yours to make. We will, however, tossyour submission into the proverbial wastebasket faster than you can say'Exile on Main Street' if it even remotely resembles the uninspired andpretentious academia which so bored us to death we had to create ourown magazine.
      It'spretty simple, really: send us your guts on a page (not alwaysliterally, please and thank you) and you'll probably hear back from us.Send us something that you'd give a professor and you probably won't.
      ForIssue 03, we're looking for you crazy, beautiful Burner girls and boysto send us your most glorious, inspired, heartbreaking, and mostimportantly music-related work to us at <burnermag(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail) by no later than January 18, 2011.
      Poetry:3-5 poems that you feel fit the Burner Magazine ethos in respect toIssue 03's theme of MUSIC. Please attach all poems in a single documentwith full formatting (.doc/.rtf preferred), and include the word"POETRY" in the subject line.
      Shortfiction/non-fiction: Submissions of short fiction and non-fictionshould be limited 500-1000 words, fit into Issue 03's theme of MUSIC,and be attached in a single document. Include the words "FICTION" or"NON-FICTION" in the subject line.
      Photography/VisualArt: We need your most incendiary and inspiring visual works that aresomehow related to the wide and wonderful world of MUSIC to bring ourissue to life. Please send us high-resolution images and include theword "PHOTO" in the subject line.
      Music:We'd love to hear from all you bands, producers and music lovers! If weabsolutely adore it, we'll find a way to slip in audio files andmusic-related write-ups. Please ensure the word "MUSIC" is included inthe subject line.
      Gak:Have you been working on something that you feel is right up Burner'salley but doesn't fit into any of the above categories? Send it anyways(so long as it has something to do with MUSIC)! Include the word "GAK"in the subject line.
      Happy journies darlings!
      xxx.
      Burner Magazine, Editorial Staff