call for submissions: At Length Magazine

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2010
      At Length (atlengthmag.com) will consider submissions of poetry and
      prose between January 1 and March 31 of 2011. Please see below for
      specific guidelines.
      Replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail

      Poetry
      We’re interested in poems and sequences that are at least 7
      single-spaced pages long. Please send a Word document or PDF to
      <poetry(at)atlengthmag.com>. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but be
      sure to mention it in the body of the email, and if parts of the work
      have already appeared in other venues, please note that as well and
      provide all relevant details. We will attempt to respond to all
      submissions within one month, and we ask that you only submit one poem
      at a time.
      Prose
      We’re looking for fiction and non-fiction of at least 7,500 words in
      length. We welcome novellas, novel excerpts, memoirs, narratives,
      essays, and long short stories. No academic papers, please.
      Simultaneous submissions are fine; previously published pieces, not so
      much. Please send your work in a Word or .pdf file to
      <prose(at)atlengthmag.com>, along with a short biographical note. We’ll
      do our best to respond within a month.
      Art
      Additionally, At Length is seeking submissions from writers of all
      stripes for a recurring feature in its art section. The feature will
      include and promote prose pieces (essays, prose poems,
      letters-to-the-world) that explore one work of art. The first
      installment, an essay by poet Anna Journey on Remedios Varo’s Catedral
      vegetal, can be found here. Please send a query letter with a brief
      synopsis to At Length’s art editor, Elaine Bleakney, at
      <art(at)atlengthmag.com>.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2012
        At Length will begin its next open reading period on February 1, 2012.
        Submissions received prior to that date will not be considered. (The
        same goes for submissions received after the closing date of February
        29, 2012.)

        <poetry(at)atlengthmag.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

        Simultaneous submissions are fine, but be
        sure to mention it in the body of the email, and if parts of the work
        have already appeared in other venues, please note that as well and
        provide all relevant details. We will attempt to respond to all
        submissions within two months, and we ask that you only submit one
        poem at a time.

        PROSE
        We're looking for fiction and non-fiction of at least 7,500 words in
        length. We welcome novellas, novel excerpts, memoirs, narratives,
        essays, and long short stories. No academic papers, please.
        Simultaneous submissions are fine, previously published pieces, not so
        much. Please send your work in a Word or .pdf file to
        <prose(at)atlengthmag.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

        along with a short biographical note. We'll
        do our best to respond within two months.

        *Please be aware that we are not yet able to pay our contributors.

        --
        Music, Writing, Art and Photography: atlengthmag.com