call for submissions: qarrsiluni

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2010
      The editors invite submissions of poetry, short fiction, essays, visual
      poetry, photography, artwork and video for a translation-themed issue.
      The deadline is December 6, and the issue will begin to appear online
      after the New Year. All submissions must be made via qarrtsiluni’s new
      submissions manager at
      http://qarrtsiluni.submishmash.com/Submit

      In addition to work translated into English, we encourage a universal
      interpretation, including though not limited to movement between and
      within cultural fields and from signifier (code, symbol, signal) to
      signified (message, meaning, transcription). Translation being inherent
      in all acts of writing/reading, both semantic and non-verbal, we are
      interested in short, non-academic essays relevant to such readings and
      mis-readings. Please also send adaptations, definitions, conversions,
      and homophonic translations. Text submissions should not exceed three
      poems or short prose pieces, or some combination thereof, for a maximum
      of three single-spaced pages in .doc or .rtf format.

      For translations, include originals, permission status, and a bio for
      the original author as well as your own. Translations from any language
      are welcome. We look forward to reading or viewing your work.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2012
        http://qarrtsiluni.submittable.com/submit