call for nonfiction: Gulf Stream

    Gulf Stream Magazine wants your nonfiction! We consider all kinds, including personal essays, memoir, travel and journalistic pieces.

 We look for a few
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2010
      Gulf Stream Magazine wants your nonfiction! We consider all kinds,
      including personal essays, memoir, travel and journalistic pieces.

      We look for a few common elements: an engaging writing style and the
      ability to take the reader on a meaningful journey—one that shows us
      why we need to publish your particular story. We also encourage the
      techniques employed in the best of creative nonfiction: the combination
      of the real and accurate with elements as personal, provocative and
      dramatic as fiction. As a journal that represents an MFA program which
      stresses the importance of narrative and story, we also look for
      nonfiction which depicts characters with wants and desires who overcome
      obstacles and, in the process, undergo change.

      Visit
      www.gulfstreamlitmag.com
      to submit by November 15.