nonfiction contest: LUMINA

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2010
      Do you like writing? How about prize money? Seeking fame and fortune?
      If you answered yes to any or all of the following questions, this is your lucky day.

      We want to remind you about our annual LUMINA Nonfiction Contest, judged this year by the lovely and talented Vivian Gornick.
      First prize: $500, plus publication in LUMINA
      Second prize: $100
      Third prize: $50

      (All contest entries will automatically be considered for regular publication.)

      EXTENDED Deadline: December 1, 2010.

      Entry fee: $10 per submission (up to two entries per author). Make check or money order payable to LUMINA, and mail it to:

      LUMINA
      Sarah Lawrence College
      Slonim House
      One Mead Way
      Bronxville, NY 10708-5999

      You must also email your entry to lumina@.... The subject of your email should be "SUBMISSION — CONTEST." Write your email address on your check so that your entry can be matched to your payment.

      Be sure to remember:
      1) Please send manuscripts in a Microsoft Word 2003-compatible (.rtf, .doc) or OpenDocument (.odt) format. We are unable to read files with the extension ".docx".
      2) Please include a three-sentence biographical statement with your submission.
      3) 5,000 words maximum per piece. Please double space and number pages. Our policy is blind submissions; your name should appear on the front page only and will be removed prior to review.

      Please visit
      http://pages.slc.edu/~lumina/
      for more information.

      Thank you and good luck!