fiction contest: Tennessee Williams Festival

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
      Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival 2011 Fiction Contest. Award: $1500 , domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the 2011 Festival in New Orleans, VIP All-Access Festival Pass, public reading at the 2011 Festival, publication in Bayou. Entry fee: $25. Deadline: November 15, 2010. Info:

      www.tennesseewilliams.net/article.php?story=2011-fictioncontest
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2012
        Our Annual Fiction Contest accepts submissions by mail and online from June 1st through November 15th each year.
        http://www.tennesseewilliams.net/contests/2012-fiction-contest
        Grand Prize:

        $1,500
        Domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the next Festival in New Orleans
        VIP All-Access Festival pass for the next Festival ($500 value)
        Public reading at a literary panel at the next Festival
        Publication in Louisiana Literature

        Top Ten Finalists Prize

        Top ten finalists will receive a panel pass ($75 value) to the next Festival.

        Eligibility:

        This contest is open only to writers who have not yet published a book of fiction. Published books include self-published books with ISBN numbers. Those who have published books in other genres besides fiction remain eligible.
        Only previously unpublished stories will be accepted.
        Stories that won this contest in previous years are ineligible; their authors remain eligible but must submit new work.
        Stories submitted to this contest in previous years that did not place are eligible.
        Stories that have won and/or placed in any other writing contest are ineligible.
        Stories by United States and international writers are accepted.

        Deadline:

        The deadline for online and mailed submissions is November 15th (postmark).
        Winner will be announced by March 1st.

        Entry Fee:

        $25 per entry. Unlimited entries per person.
        Online submissions must be paid below.
        Submission fees are non-refundable.

        To enter online: Online submissions are preferred and must be in .doc, .rtf, or PDF formats. If you are using the latest version of Microsoft Word, please save your submission as .doc and not a .docx file before sending it to us. We accept entry fees via Discover, MasterCard, and Visa only.
        To enter by mail: Send your manuscript and check or money order for [fiction-entryfee] (made out to the: Tennessee Williams Literary Festival) to:
        Fiction Contest Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival
        938 Lafayette Street, Suite 514
        New Orleans, LA 70113
        Do not send submissions by certified mail or signature required delivery.
        Have a question about one of our writing contests? Please send questions to:<contests(at)tennesseewilliams.net> (replace (at) with @)

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2013
          We at the Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival would like to remind you that the deadline for our 6th Annual Fiction Contest is 2 WEEKS AWAY on November 15th, 2013. Please send this information out to your students and other interested writers! Here is a link to the general information for the Fiction Contest:

          http://con13.tennesseewilliams.net/fiction-contest/

          Our judges for the 6th Annual Fiction Contest are Victor LaValle and Emily Raboteau, a couple of talented prose-writer who live and work in New York City. You can read a great Q&A with the judges here:

          http://www.tennesseewilliams.net/twnl131101

          The winner will receive prize money, publication, and access to countless great panels and events at the 28th Annual Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival!

          http://www.tennesseewilliams.net/

          The Grand Prize for our Fiction Contest follows: