poetry chapbook contest: Gold Line Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2010
      Gold Line Press is pleased to announce its annual chapbook contest,
      which is open to submissions through our online submission manager
      through November 15. The contest alternates yearly between poetry and
      fiction, and this year's contest is for poetry manuscripts of 20 - 30
      pages.

      The winning book receives $500 and publication of a gorgeous
      perfect-bound book. Our priority is to publish the highest quality
      work, but we are also very concerned with the artistic value and detail
      of the finished product we produce for our authors. Because we are
      committed to promoting the chapbook as a valuable, viable medium for
      emerging writers, our winners receive the benefit of publicity; we send
      30 copies directly to respected literary reviewers around the country
      after consulting with the author, who also receives 10 copies of the
      book in addition to the prize money.

      Our final judge this year is California Poet Laureate Carol
      Muske-Dukes. Your entry fee of $15 includes a copy of the winning
      chapbook. Complete guidelines, information about Gold Line Press, and a
      link to our online submission page are available at
      www.goldlinepress.com.