short fiction contest: Yemassee

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2010
      Yemassee, the University of South Carolina’s literary journal, announces the William Richey Short Fiction Contest. Submit a short story or novel excerpt of up to 10,000 words with a $10 entry fee by November 15th. Author David Bajo will select the winner, who will receive $1,000 and publication in Yemassee. Two runners-up will receive $100 each, and ten additional finalists will be listed on our website. All entries will be considered for publication.

      Entries may be submitted via submishmash at: http://yemassee.submishmash.com/

      or mailed to:

      Yemassee
      William Richey Short Fiction Contest
      Department of English
      University of South Carolina
      Columbia, SC. 29208

      (Checks should be made payable to Educational Foundation/English Literary Magazine Fund)

      For more information, visit http://www.yemasseejournalonline.org/

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2010
        Yemassee, the University of South Carolina’s literary journal,
        announces an extension in the deadline of the William Richey Short
        Fiction Contest.

        Submit a short story or novel excerpt of up to 10,000 words with a $10
        entry fee by December 15th. The winner will receive $1,000 and
        publication in Yemassee. Two runners-up will receive $100 each, and ten
        additional finalists will be listed on our website. All entries will be
        considered for publication.

        The winner and runners-up will be selected by author David Bajo, whose
        novel Panopticon is now available from Unbridled Books (October, 2010).
        For more information on David Bajo, visit:

        http://www.davidbajo.com/panopticon/author.html

        How to enter

        Entries (and fees) may be submitted via submishmash at:

        http://yemassee.submishmash.com/

        Or mailed to:

        Yemassee
        William Richey Short Fiction Contest
        Department of English
        University of South Carolina
        Columbia, SC. 29208

        Checks should be made payable to Educational Foundation/English
        Literary Magazine Fund.

        Multiple submissions are accepted (with a separate fee for each entry,
        and a separate SASE if submitted via regular mail). Simultaneous
        submissions are also accepted, but please inform us if the piece is
        accepted elsewhere and note that entry fees will not be refunded if the
        submission is withdrawn.

        For more information on the contest and Yemassee, please visit

        http://www.yemasseejournalonline.org/index.html

        Thank you, and good luck!
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 21 1:37 PM
          2013 William Richey Short Fiction Contest
          https://yemassee.submittable.com/submit

          Judge: We are excited to announce that Emily St. John Mandel will serve as the final guest judge.
          Prizes: The author of the winning story will receive $500 and publication in Yemassee. Yemassee will publish stories by two runners-up, along with a list of ten finalists.
          Deadline: All entries must be submitted by the November 22nd deadline.
          Entry link: https://yemassee.submittable.com/submit
          Entry Fee: (only!) $10. An entry fee of $10 must accompany each entry.
          Word Limit: To enter, submit one piece of unpublished short fiction of up to 10,000 words. We welcome multiple story submissions; each story should be entered separately and will require its own entry fee.
          Formatting, Details, Etc: All submissions should be double-spaced. Story title and page numbers should appear on all pages of the entry, but the author’s name should not appear anywhere within the entry. Entries must be submitted through submittable. Winners will be announced on our website, and all entries will be considered for publication.