Christian essay contest (no fee): RESPONSE

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      RESPONSE: The Seattle Pacific University Magazine
      http://www.spu.edu/depts/uc/response/spring2k7/features/essay.asp

      At Seattle Pacific University, we’re learning to engage the culture, with the
      ultimate goal of bringing about positive change in the world through the
      gospel of Jesus Christ. In the pages of Response, we offer glimpses of the many
      and varied ways in which that mission is being fulfilled. But we know that there
      is much more to discover, many stories that have yet to be told. You may have
      observed some of them. You may have lived some of them.

      Response invites you to submit an essay (750–1,000 words) that conveys in
      some way — whether through a personal story, investigative reporting, or some
      other form of creative nonfiction — the theme of “engaging the culture, changing
      the world.”

      The winning entry will be featured in the Winter 2008 magazine, and the
      writer will receive a $250 prize.
      Deadline: August 1, 2007

      Send your essay to
      yourresponse(at)spu.edu (replace (at) with @)
      or mail it to Response, Seattle Pacific University, 3307 Third Avenue West
      Suite 116, Seattle, Washington 98119.
      Please include your name, address, email, and daytime phone number when you
      send your entry.

      Competition Rules

      Each entrant may submit one essay to the competition. All entries must be
      accompanied by your name, address, email, and daytime phone number in your email.
      The competition is open to anyone, except Seattle Pacific University
      employees and their immediate families (spouses or children).
      Entrants will receive an email acknowledgement that their entry has been
      received. The winner will be notified by December 1, 2007.