fiction/nonfiction/poetry contest: Gulf Stream Magazine

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2010
      Gulf Stream Magazine excited to announce our newest contest, the 2011 Gulf Stream Award. One winner in each genre will win $250 and publication in Gulf Stream Online #5, due out in April, 2011. The judges are:
      John Dufresne: Fiction
      Les Standiford: Nonfiction
      Denise Duhamel: Poetry
      Guidelines
      Entry fee is $10.
      Entries will be accepted from September 24th to December 1st, 2010.
      Prose submissions are limited to 7,500 words.
      Poetry submissions are limited to five poems.
      Winners will be announced in the spring of 2011.
      You may submit as many times as you like, but each submission requires a separate entry fee. All entries will also be considered for future publication.
      Friends, family members, colleagues, and current/former students of the judges are ineligible.
      Submissions should be Word documents. Please include a cover page with contact information, title(s) of your entry, and a short bio. Since judges read anonymously, do not put your name or contact information on any page other than the cover page.
      Visit
      http://w3.fiu.edu/gulfstream/contests.asp
      to enter.