poetry chapbook contest: Concrete Wolf

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
      2010 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest
      http://ConcreteWolf.com
      Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2010
      Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
      Final Judge: James Bertolino http://JamesBertolino.com

      James Bertolino’s tenth volume of poetry, Finding Water, Holding Stone, was published in 2009 by Cherry Grove Collections. He has taught creative writing at Cornell University, University of Cincinnati, Western Washington University and Willamette University, where he was Writer in Residence. His own work has received several national prizes, and he served as judge for the 2009 and 2010 American Book Awards in poetry.
      Submission Guidelines
      We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

      16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

      Please number all your pages.

      Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

      SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

      Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.10 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

      Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

      Winner will be announced in February 2011 and published Fall 2011.

      Let us know if you need additional info: <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)

      For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page.

      Mail entries to:

      Concrete Wolf
      PO Box 1808
      Kingston, WA 98346

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 4, 2010

        poetry. http://www.jamesbertolino.com/

[...]

        Winner will be announced in February 2011 and published Fall 2011 or
        earlier.

        Let us know if you need additional info: <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com>
        (replace (at) with @)
        For a copies of our previous publications, http://Concretewolf.com

        Mail to:

        Concrete Wolf
        PO Box 1808
        Kingston, WA 98346
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 27, 2011
          2011 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest
          Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2011
          Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
          Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
          Final Judge: Anita K. Boyle

[...]

          Winner will be announced in February 2012 and published Fall 2012.

          Let us know if you need additional info:<concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> (replacee (at) with @)
          For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page on http://ConcreteWolf.com

          Mail to:
          Concrete Wolf
          PO Box 1808
          Kingston, WA 98346
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 19, 2012
            2012 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest Now Open
            Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2012
            Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
            Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
            Final Judge: Kelli Russell Agodon
            Submission Guidelines
            We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.
            Close friends, former or current students of the Judge or the Editor are ineligible for the contest.

            16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgments (if applicable).
            Please number all your pages.

            Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

            Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

            SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

            Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.25 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

            Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

            Winner will be announced in February 2013 and published Fall 2013.

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 6, 2012
[...]

              Or, pay the contest fee with paypal to <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> then email the manuscript
              as a Word.doc file or .rtf file to <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com>.

              Winner will be announced in February 2013 and published Fall 2013.

              For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page. http://Concretewolf.com

              Mail to:

              Concrete Wolf
              PO Box 1808