literary journal call+poetry contest: Tygerburning
- Tygerburning Literary Journal Issue #2 (Spring 2011), edited by James Harms will accept submissions October 15-December 15, 2010 (postmark). Tygerburning LIterary Journal is a publication of the MFA Program in Poetry at New England College. Creative Writing faculty please let your students & poet friends know about our publication.There is no reading fee for general submissions or cinepoetry/multimedia submissions. For full information, go to: http://tygerburning.com/category/submit
We are also pleased to announce the first annual Hayden Carruth Poetry Prize.
One first place winner receives $1000 and publication in Tygerburning Literary Journal, Issue #2, Spring 2011! Two honorable mentions receive $100 and publication.
The 2011 judge: Brian Henry*
When is the deadline? The postmark deadline is December 15th, 2010
What are the guidelines?• $20 entry fee. Make checks payable to “Marick Press”• Entries must be postmarked by December 15th• Submit up to three poems, not to exceed six pages.
• Poems must be original, written in English, and previously unpublished• Your name or address should not appear anywhere on the poems.
• Your name or address should appear only on the cover letter.
• You may submit via electronically or by snail mail.
• If you mail your entry, enclose an index card with poem titles, your name, address, phone number, and email address• If you mail your entry, enclose an SASE for notification of winners
• You may also enclose a postage-paid postcard for acknowledgement of entry (if you’d like)
• Entries must be typed, and on one side of the paper only• If using the mail, use a paper clip or send unbound—no staples or binding, please
• Once submitted, entries cannot be altered
• No translations please
• Multiple entries allowed—each entry must include a separate entry fee
• No entries will be returned• Email <jgens(at)nec.edu> (replace (at) with @)
for information or questions
To submit electronically, please submit only one file as a word attachment, with up to three poems. Indicate "Hayden Carruth Prize" in the subject of your email. In the body of your email include a brief bio and all contact info. Email to
<jgens(at)nec.edu> (replace (at) with @)
To submit via the mail, send to Tygerburning Literary Journal, New England College, MFA Program in Poetry, 98 Bridge Street, Henniker, NH 03242. Include a check for $20.00 payable to “Marick Press” or pay using a credit card on PayPal on Marick Press Website under Hayden Carruth Poetry Prize (http://www.marickpress.com/)
*No former or current students, colleagues or friends of the judge may enter the contest.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]