film and fiction writing position: U of Maine Farmington

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2010
      Tenure Track Position: The Department of Creative Writing invites applications for
      an Assistant Professor position.

      Minimum Qualifications: We seek candidates with significant credits in writing
      for film or television. Additional qualifications and publications in journalism

      and/or fiction would be welcome. Teaching load 3/3, with courses in beginning
      and advanced creative writing in the candidate's fields, one section of Senior
      Seminar (the creative writing capstone) every other year, regular First-Year
      Writing or First-Year Seminar courses, and occasional literature courses. The
      candidate may also have the opportunity to direct the Longfellow Mountains Young

      Writers Workshop, a week-long summer program for high school students. The
      candidate will join a nationally-recognized BFA program, with over 90 majors,
      which is affiliated with Alice James Books and the Beloit Poetry Journal.
      Required: PhD or MFA, or equivalent professional experience; evidence of
      excellence in college teaching; and an active creative agenda. An earned
      terminal degree is required for tenure.

      Application Process: Position begins on September 1, 2011. Send letter including

      teaching philosophy/goals, vita, and at least three letters of recommendation
      to: Pat O'Donnell, Chair, Screening Committee, Department of Creative Writing,
      115 South Street, UMF, Farmington, ME 04938. Tel.: 207-778-7419.
      E-mail: <podonnel(at)maine.edu> (replace (at) with @). For full consideration, all materials should be postmarked
      by November 12, 2010. We will be interviewing at MLA. Joint applications for a
      shared position are welcomed.
      Application Information
      Postal Address:Pat O'Donnell
      Department of Creative Writing