call for poems: On the Issues Magazine

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2010
      Call for Poems: For the first issue of On The Issues Magazine for which Split This Rock Director Sarah Browning is Poetry Co-Editor, the theme is: The Conning of the Feminists

      This edition of On The Issues Magazine, the online feminist quarterly, looks at feminist imitators who talk the talk, but don’t walk the walk; who claim to be feminists, but who do not support or advance feminist goals; and the people who stand counter to them – that is, the real thing.

      So, send poems on female anti-feminist icons (you know, Sarah Palin, for example…), tough Barbies, Feminists for Life, Alveda King, the hijacking of our history, the celebration of our real history, or any take on the topic, broadly considered. See previous issues of On The Issues Magazine at: http://www.ontheissuesmagazine.com/2010summer/index.php

      Guidelines: Please send up to 3 poems (no more than 2 pages each) in a Word attachment to an email. Previously published in print is OK, but not on the web. Include a cover note with a 2-3 line bio.

      Send to: Poetry Co-Editor Sarah Browning at
      <ontheissuespoetry(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @) by midnight on Thursday, September 28, 2010.

      Please note: While On The Issues Magazine prefers to feature women writers, due to our continued underrepresentation in other venues, we will consider poems by all, especially if they’re really rockin’.