call for poetry submissions: The Bat Shat

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2010
      OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: DEADLINE FOR SEASON 1 - OCTOBER 1st, 2010

      Deadline for submissions: October 1st, 2010.
      Website: www.thebatshat.us

      The inaugural season of THE BAT SHAT online poetry journal is set to be unveiled in all its freakish glory on October 31st, 2010.

      Poems can be sent within the body of an email or as a .doc file attachment. Poems sent without rich text settings will appear as they come. There will be no proof sent to creator before publication. Please include your name in the subject line and a short bio in the body of the email.

      The Bat Shat is a seasonal online poetry journal dedicated to publishing mineral rich poetry that has been tainted with just a hint of rust, tarnish or oxidation. Shiny new poems will also be considered (and perhaps mocked as fancy-pants or bourgie behind closed doors, but in the end, considered nonetheless). Under-edited, unrefined and unfinished poems are the bat's meow.

      First season will be edited by Enri Zoltz. Enri Zoltz, otherwise known as the RAIL POET, has published over 500 poems on his own blog, www.railroadpoetry.blogspot.com, and has been published in other journals under several assumed names. Next season's guest editor: J.C. Martinez.

      Please send 3 - 5 poems (of no more than 1000 words each in length) to <thebatshat(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @) for consideration for our inaugural publication. The Bat Shat is looking for poems that explore the human condition in a very real way. Pain is real, but often comes across as contrived when written in poem or prose form. This topic, as well as Love, Loss, Darkness, Spirituality and Man in Nature should all be handled with extreme integrity and baby mittens, so as not to scratch your own eyes out. Prose and poems of any length will be considered. However, anything over one thousand words teeters on the edge of acceptability in a world of webisodes, streaming Netflix and pop legal trials. We've got TV to watch, people. But, if your five thousand word poem is going to knock our baby mittens off -- bring it. Previously published poems and simultaneously published works are all fine by us. The Bat Shat is looking to acquire non-exclusive electronic rights only. Perpetual rights are generally assumed since this will forever be available in the archives unless one-time rights are requested by the author. This can be asked at any time and we will graciously remove your work from the archives and it will only remain as a charred and barren cache for a while until the internet spiders chew through the carcass and the once gooey bits become inter-dust.