creative writing position: Georgia Southern Univ.
- The Department of Writing and Linguistics in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
invites nominations and applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Creative Writing(#59262).
Position Description. Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Writing and Linguistics, the Assistant Professor of Creative Writing position requires teaching, service, and research responsibilities and a terminal degree. The successful candidate will teach 3 courses per semester with primary assignment in multi-genre and single-genre Creative Writing courses. The position is a 9-month, tenure-track appointment, and the salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
· M.F.A. or Ph.D. with creative dissertation by August 1, 2011
· Publication in nationally recognized journals or presses
· Experience teaching multiple creative writing genres
· Experience teaching with technology
· Evidence of excellence in teaching
· Poetry as primary genre
· Publications in multiple Creative Writing genres
· Book publication with nationally recognized press
· At least one year of full-time experience teaching Creative Writing
· Experience developing and teaching online courses and programs
· Evidence of interest in active involvement with students, such as advising majors, advising Creative Writing Club, and judging student competitions
Postmark deadline for receipt of applications is October 15, 2010. The position starting date is August 1, 2011. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; a curriculum vitae; and three letters of professional reference. Additional documentation may be requested. Georgia Southern University seeks to recruit individuals who are committed to working in diverse academic and professional communities.
Applications and nominations should be sent to:
Professor Eric Nelson, Search Chair, Search 59262
Department of Writing and Linguistics
Georgia Southern University
P. O. Box 8026
Statesboro GA 30460-8026
Electronic mail: <enelson(at)georgiasouthern.edu> (replace (at) with @)
More information about the institution is available through http://www.georgiasouthern.edu or http://class.georgiasouthern.edu/writling/. Georgia Southern University seeks individuals who are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and professional service within the University and beyond. Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation. Georgia is an Open Records state. Georgia Southern University is an AA/EO institution. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA to participate in the search process should contact the Associate Provost.