fiction/nonfiction/poetry contest: New Southerner

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2010
      The deadline to enter the 2010 New Southerner Literary Contest is Oct. 1. Please send your best, previously unpublished poetry, fiction and nonfiction. The contest theme is open. We are especially interested in work that relates to our mission, which is promoting self-sufficiency, environmental stewardship and local economies.

      Prizes: $200 for winners of Fiction, Nonfiction and the James Baker Memorial Prize in Poetry; publication in the literary edition; invitation to read at a special event;
      Submit fiction and nonfiction up to 5,000 words;
      Submit poems up to 100 lines;
      Contest fee: $10 per entry;
      Multiple entries are accepted;
      Simultaneously submitted entries are accepted as long as you notify us promptly if your work is accepted elsewhere; entry fee is not refundable;
      Postmark deadline: October 1;
      Winners will be notified by November 20;
      Finalists and winning entries will be announced in The New Southerner Literary Edition, available online and in print atwww.newsoutherner.com in December.
      Final judges are Sena Jeter Naslund (fiction), Jason Howard (nonfiction) and Jeff Worley (James Baker Hall Memorial Prize in Poetry);
      Easy online submission process.
      To enter, or for more information, go to http://www.newsoutherner.com/contest.
      Bobbi Buchanan
      NewSoutherner.com