poetry contest: Poets and Friends
- Springfield POETS AND FRIENDS
8TH ANNUAL POETRY CONTEST
1. FREE VERSE POEMS, Any Subject, 40 lines/fewer
2. FORMAL STRUCTURED POEMS, Any Subject, 40 lines/fewer
Any classical form such as sonnet, triolet, rhyming couplets, etc. Form
must be named.
3. CONTEMPORARY FORM POETRY, Poet’s Choice, 40 lines/fewer
Modern form or theme poetry.
4. HUMOROUS POEMS, Poet’s Choice,40 lines/fewer
5. HAIKU or SENRYU Haiku-Nature 5-7-5
Senryu-Man & Nature
6. P & F MEMBERS ONLY! , Poet’s Choice, 120 lines/fewer
7. STUDENT DIVISIONS: Division I Middle School (6-8)
Division II High
Student Divisions: No entry fee for students. Prize money will given in easy
to use gift certificates.
Mail student entries to : R. Cline, 2966 W Washita, Springfield, MO 65807
For more information :
BeckyC(at)poetsandfriends.com (replace (at) with @)
P R I Z E S
PLUS 3 HONORABLE MENTIONS IN EACH CATEGORY
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRIES
1. GENERAL: All poems must be unpublished, 40 lines or fewer (Categories 5 &
6 excepted). Poems should be typewritten and single-spaced. No poems will be
published or returned.
2. NUMBER: Poets may enter a maximum of THREE poems in each Contest Category
and all will be eligible for prizes.
3. DEADLINE: All entries must be postmarked by November 15, 2007. P&F will
not be responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
4. FORMAT: Submit one copy of each poem with only the Category name and
number in the upper left hand corner. For Categories 2 & 5, the poetic form
(i.e., sonnet, triolet, rhyming couplets, haiku, senryu, etc.) MUST also be stated
in upper left hand corner. Submit ONE cover sheet that lists ALL poems
entered. For each poem, include the category name, poem’s title and first line.
Also include the author’s name, address, phone number and email on the cover
5. FEES: $1.00 per poem for categories 1-6. Make checks out to “Poets and
NO FEES for the student categories.
6. SEND entries and fees to
M J Becco, Contest Chairman
3025 N East Ave
Springfield, MO 65803
(No E-Mail submissions accepted.)
7.WINNERS will be announced at the December Poets and Friends Winter
Celebration and Awards Ceremony in Springfield, MO. Send a SASE with your entries
for the Contest Winners List, mailed the last
week in December.
For more information,
E-mail: MJBecco(at)hotmail.com (replace (at) with @)
Call: (417) 833-2153
Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]