call for submissions: CALYX

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2010
      CALYX, A Journal of Art and Literature by Women will open for submissions of poetry, short fiction, and creative non-fiction on October 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
      Please send up to six poems or 2,500 words of prose, SASE, and a short bio to:
      CALYX Journal
      PO Box B
      Corvallis, OR 97339
      For 34 years CALYX Journal has been a creative forum for women’s diverse voices showcasing work from new and emerging writers and artists.
      Visit our website www.calyxpress.org/submission for full guidelines.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2011
        http://www.calyxpress.org/journal.html
        CALYX, A Journal of Art and Literature by Women is committed to publishing the diverse voices of new and emerging women artists and authors. We will be open for submissions of poetry and prose via our online system from October 1-December 31: http://www.calyxpress.org/submissions/

        Please visit our complete guidelines before submitting: http://www.calyxpress.org/submission.html

        The writer/artist guidelines are as follows:

        -Prose (includes essays, flash fiction, short stories, etc.) should be double-spaced and not exceed 5,000 words.
        -Poetry submissions are limited to 6 poems. When submitting through our online submission manager, please put all poems into the same document (.doc, .docx, .txt, .pdf)
        -Interviews should be double-spaced and limited to 2,500 words. Please submit these in the prose category
        -Book Reviews if you are interested in reviewing books, please send a resume and published samples of review writing to <editor(at)calyxpress.org>. After reviewing these, we will contact you about the book review list. Reviews should be double-spaced and from 500 to a maximum of 1,000 words. Reviews of chapbooks should be limited to 50-100 words. We’re always open for book reviews. Replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail.
        -Visual Art should be submitted (1) electronically to <editor(at)calyxpress.org>; (2) on a CD; or (3) 5"x7" or 8"x10" glossy photographs. Limit of 6 images and/or slides and/or photos. All art media are considered and diverse approaches are encouraged. Please include a list of all titles, media, and dimensions for each piece; a 50-word biographical statement; and a 50-word statement about your artwork with your submission along with your contact information (address, phone number, and email). Submit art separately from prose and poetry.

        Online submissions (preferred):
        please include a 50-word bio statement in the “comments” field. Upload your document as a .doc, .docx, .pdf, or .txt and include your name, email, and address on each page. Submit poetry and prose separately. Click here to submit work through our online submissions manager
        http://www.calyxpress.org/submissions/

        Postal submissions:
        We will continue to accept paper submissions this year, but we prefer that you submit electronically to help us reduce waste. When sending paper submissions, include a 50-word bio statement; SASE; and please include your name, address, phone, and email on each page of your submission. Send materials to: CALYX Journal/PO Box B/Corvallis, OR 97339.