nonfiction contest: Yalobusha Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2010
      Our first ever Nonfiction Prize:

      The All-In Nonfiction Prize from the Yalobusha Review for a winner takes all purse.

      Send us your best unpublished nonfiction piece of less than 1,000 words. Then send us your next best unpublished nonfiction piece of less than 1,000 words. Send us as many entries as you'd like, but remember, each entry is a 5 dollar bet. Place as many bets as you'd like. Do note, however, the winner will have the best hand, not the biggest!

      Want to know how big the pot is, check out our facebook for constant updates on the prize size: all you have to do is add us as a friend and that handy tell-all feature will update you of our every move! And the winner really will take it all! Just search Yalobusha Review and click add.

      http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Yalobusha-Review/152348181450641?ref=ts

      Entries must be typed and double-spaced in Times New Roman, size 12 font.
      Include a cover letter with simply your name, the title of your entry and contact information: e-mail address, telephone number, physical address. We ask that you not include anything else. No Biographical information, No previous Publications list--nothing else.

      Please DO NOT include your name on the actual submission.

      All submissions must be unpublished in any format. Winning entry will run in the 2011 Yalobusha Review to be published in February 2011.
      (we reserve first North American serial rights. all rights revert back to you upon publication. we just ask you give us a nod should you use the work again.)

      Send entries with a check or money order for 5 dollars (payable to the University of Mississippi) to:

      Yalobusha Review All-In Nonfiction Prize
      University of Mississippi
      Dept of English, Box 1848
      University, MS 38677-1848