call for submissions: CaKe

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2010
      CaKe, a journal of poetry & art

      The literary magazine of Florida A&M University is seeking submissions of poetry, fiction, non-fiction, essays, and b/w art for the annual issue to be released in April.
      There is no current theme. The editors like work that is avant, experimental, post-modern, and/or genre-bending. Of course, we will consider anything that presents literary merit.

      Past contributors are Amiri Baraka, Campbell McGrath, Denise Duhamel, Terese Svoboda, Maureen Seaton, Neil de la Flor, Paulette Beete, Sandra Simonds, and Shane Allison.

      Guest Fiction Editor is Nahal Suzanne Jamir

      Please send text as attachments and art and photos as jpeg to
      <cakepoetryandart(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @) Limit your sumissions to a reasonable amount.

      We are sorry but we cannot accept work from undergraduates.

      Kristine Snodgrass
      Instructor of English
      Editor, CaKe, a journal of poetry & art
      428 Tucker Hall
      Florida A&M University
      Tallahassee, FL 32307-4800
      850.599.3199
      850.561.2976 (fax)

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
        CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

        Cake, a journal of poetry & art from Florida A&M University seeks submissions of poetry, fiction, interviews, reviews, and art (b/w) for its sixth volume, to be printed in March/April 2012.

        An emerging journal, CaKe has featured work from Amiri Baraka, Campbell McGrath, Samiya Bashir, Timothy Black, Uche Nduka, and Terese Svoboda. We are a small journal from the English Dept. at Florida A&M University that likes diversity and difference; we publish students and established writers, first-time writers and seasoned academics. All submissions are also considered for our online mag, SLICES, haveasliceofcakepoetry.blogspot.com.

        GUIDELINES

        POETRY: Submit up to five poems in one doc. as an attachment. Please also send a bio, phone number, and mailing address.

        PROSE: Submit up to 15 pages of prose as attachment in one doc. Please also send a bio, phone number, and mailing address

        BOOK REVIEWS: SHORT. As attachment. Bio, address, phone.

        ART: We prefer black and white. Send as jpeg.

        Response time is slow and may vary. We are a very small staff, and do our best to give you a timely response.

        *Put your last name, genre, and submission in the subject line. For ex: Snodgrass_Poetrysubmission

        Please send submissions to <cakepoetryandart(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

        To purchase a journal, please mail a check for $7 payable to Cake to:

        Cake, a journal of poetry & art
        Dept. of English
        446 Tucker Hall
        Florida A&M University
        Tallahassee, FL 32307

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2014
          CaKe is now accepting submissions of poetry, prose, interviews, art (Jpeg), and book reviews.

          Please send as attachment with short bio and description of work to

          <cakepoetryandartATgmailDOTcom>

          Deadline January 9, 2015. For more info, email Kristine Snodgrass at kristine.snodgrassATfamuDOTedu.