call for submissions (regional--CA): Inlandia

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2010
      Call for Submissions: Inlandia: A Literary Journey

      Inlandia: A Literary Journey (www.inlandiajournal.org) is a new literary journal with a regional focus. It is a project of the Inlandia Institute (www.inlandiainstitute.org) whose mission is to celebrate the region in word, image and sound.

      Submissionsare invited from writers who live or work in and write about the InlandEmpire region. (Roughly Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, locatedin Southern California)

      Please submit 3 - 5 poems (any style,any length), 1 piece of creative nonfiction (essay, memoir), or 1 pieceof fiction (short story, novel excerpt, flash fiction). We are alsointerested in relevant book reviews and interviews. In keeping with ourmission, we welcome MP3s of you reading your work as well as artworkand/or photography pertaining to the region (.jpg format only).

      Address all submissions to:

      <editor(at)inlandiajournal.org>

      (replace (at) with @)

      Inthe subject line, please include the word “Submission” plus your namefollowed by the genre of the work you are submitting. Example:Submission: Wallace Stevens, Poetry

      Only unpublished worksplease. For our purposes, any work that is accessible by a searchengine on the web is considered published, which includes personalblogs.

      Simultaneous submissions are fine but please notify us promptly if work is accepted elsewhere.

      Weacquire First Electronic Rights with non-exclusive archivalpermissions. If accepted your work will be featured on the main pagefor at least one week, after which time your work will be archived onthe site indefinitely according to genre and region. Please note thatat this time we are a non-paying market.

      Thank you for your interest. We look forward to reading your work.

      The Editors
      Cati, Maureen, Jo, Gayle, and Ruth

      For more information please visit www.inlandiajournal.org