call for submissions: LUMINA

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2 9:09 AM
      LUMINA-- the literary journal of Sarah Lawrence College--announces the kickoff of its annual submissions period!

      From September 1st - November 15th, we will consideroriginal works of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for publication inour 10th Anniversary Edition, to be released in April, 2011. Volume Xwill also feature the results of our Nonfiction Contest, judged by theesteemed writer and critic, Vivian Gornick. First, second, and third place contest winners will receive cash prizes!

      Submission guidelines and contest information are available at our website:

      http://pages.slc.edu/~lumina/

      We will only consider submissions that adhere to the stated rules and restrictions. Please direct your inquiries to
      <lumina(at)gm.slc.edu> (replace (at) with @)

      All writers are welcome to submit. We look forward to reading your work!

      Best of luck,

      The Staff of LUMINA

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18 10:11 AM
        Submissions are now open for LUMINA's 2013 Issue, and for our Fiction Contest!

        LUMINA is accepting Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, and Visual Art submissions
        for Volume XII. This year's Fiction Contest will be judged by acclaimed essayist George Saunders. First place award is $500.

        Deadline for all submissions is November 1, 2012.

        Visit http://lumina.submittable.com/submit

        for submission guidelines, and to submit your work.

        LUMINA, established in 2000, is the annual print publication of the Sarah
        Lawrence College Graduate Writing Program, and has featured such authors as Rick Moody, Mark Doty, Phillip Lopate, Dorothy Alison, Stephen Dobyns, Amy Hempel, Kimiko Hahn, Cathy Park Hong, and Jenny Boully.