online literary journal seeks submissions

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2010
      Online Literary Journal, The Whistling Fire, has extended their word limit. The Whistling Fire will now accept work up to 3000 words.

      Conceived in 2008, The Whistling Fire provides a forum where fresh voices share creative works of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, encouraging writers with an eye toward publication to submit their works or works in progress, as we wish to showcase a diverse array of styles and voices.

      We encourage our readers to comment on posted works in the spirit of constructive criticism. Positive feedback is always welcomed; constructive literary criticism is encouraged. Our aim is to encourage the writing process.

      The Whistling Fire accepts poetry, short fiction, nonfiction, and excerpts from longer works. We also welcome experimental pieces. Please include your name and the type of piece you are submitting in the subject line. Attachments are permitted. Submit no more than TWO pieces per month. Authors previously published on The Whistling Fire, please wait SIX months from publication before sending new submissions. The Whistling Fire acquires one time rights to publish work shared, and the rights are immediately reverted to the artist thereafter. All writing that appears on the site remains the property of the writer.”
      Send submissions to
      <whistlingfire(at)gmail.com>

      =