poetry book contest: Brick Road Poetry Press

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2010
      http://www.brickroadpoetrypress.com/submissions.htm
      Brick Road Poetry Press Book Contest, going on right now. We are offering $1000 and publication for an original collection of 50 to 80 pages of poetry.

      Find all the details at www.brickroadpoetrypress.com Deadline: November 1, submissions accepted starting August 1.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2013
        Brick Road Poetry Book Contest

        extensive guidelines at:
        http://brickroadpoetrypress.com/

        Prizes: $1,000 and 25 copies Fee: $25 to Brick Road Poetry Press, Inc.
        Brick Road Poetry Press
        P. O. Box 751
        Columbus, GA 31902-0751 Judge:
        Notify:
        Book manuscript: Simultaneous submissions accepted, provided we are immediately informed if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere. Original collection of 50 to 80 pages of poetry, excluding cover page, contents, acknowledgments, etc. Single sided, single spaced. We prefer no more than one poem per page. Numbered pages. Leave off the poet's name. Two title pages: one with name, address, and phone number and one with title only. No translations, unless the translations are of your own poems. Electronic files are accepted via the online submission manager. Use the title of your collection for the file name. We accept .doc, .rtf, or .pdf file format. We prefer electronic submissions but will consider hard copy submissions by mail with the stipulation that, should the author's work be chosen for publication, an electronic version (.doc or .rtf) must be prepared in a timely manner and at the poet's expense. Please include a cover letter with poetry publication/recognition highlights and something intriguing about your life story or ongoing pursuits. We would like to develop a connection with the poet as well as the poetry. Please include the collection title in the cover letter.
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2015

          Brick Road Poetry Book Contest

          $25.00 USD

          Ends in 4 days, 7 hours

          - Hide Guidelines

          https://brickroadpoetrypress.submittable.com/submit/1211

          Check for the full rules and guidelines on our website: www.brickroadpoetrypress.com

          · Book-length poetry manuscripts only. Original collection of 50 to 100 pages of poetry, excluding cover page, contents, acknowledgments, etc.

          ·Deadline: November 1, accepted starting August 1.

          ·The winner receives a publication contract with Brick Road Poetry Press and $1000 prize, publication in both print and ebook formats, and 25 copies of the printed book. We may also offer publication contracts to the top finalists.

          · Simultaneous submissions accepted, provided we are immediately informed if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.

          · Single sided, single spaced. We prefer no more than one poem per page. Numbered pages. Leave off the poet's name.

          · Two title pages: one with name, address, and phone number and one with title only.

          · Use the title of your collection for the file name.

          · Please include a cover letter with poetry publication/recognition highlights. Please include the collection title in the cover letter. Also we would like to develop a connection with the poet as well as the poetry. To that end, we would appreciate hearing about how poetry came to prominence in your life and what your goals are as a poet (particularly in terms of your craft and reaching an audience). If so inclined (OPTIONAL), we invite you to also to respond to this prompt: If you could share a private meal and one-on-one conversation with any person whether from this time or another, whether real imagined, who would you pick and why?

          ·Entry fee, $25. If mailing a hard copy, please include a check or money order to "Brick Road Poetry Press, Inc."